7 Months Post Laparoscopic Hysterectomy. Insane Nerve? Pain in Groin & Right Hip

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I just want to reach out to any because we are in the middle of covid and I have respiratory issues so not too inclined to see a doctor right now unless I absolutely have to.

I had a total hysterectomy (laparoscopically) done about 7 months ago. Seem to heal fine and no issues. Back in March I fell down my stairs. Not too bad but I definitely caught myself and probably pulled something. That week, ironically I had blood (not in) but with stool - which not sure if that's a separate issue. But sharp shooting pains in right groin/ pelvic area. It radiated around right hip and down my right leg. The throbbing pain is where I used to think one of my fibroids was. I feel this weird heavy pressure in groin right where thigh crease is.

After about 2 weeks the pain went away completely and I was able to get on a nice exercise routine walking a few miles every day and even running. Not fast at all and not far, but just to get some cardio in.

Suddenly last week, out of no where, I had blood with my stool again and the pain came right back. Same spot. Right groin/pelvis area, radiating around hip. The pain shoots down right leg and sometimes both legs. I have stopped exercising and only doing pelvis/hip stretches.

About 6 years ago I had a super small surgery for a fibroid that grew outside uterus in the lower right groin area. Is it possible this is adhesions? Nerve pain?

Really want to know if anyone else has experienced this kind of sharp shooting pain, radiating around the hip post surgery. Or if this sounds like it is nerve based and not something else more serious?

Of course, I will see a doctor if necessary but wanted to run it by some fellow post hyster-sisters.

Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

I would suggest you at least give your GP a call and explain your symptoms. just to be on the safe side.

blood in stool and pain could be unrelated. but I think it warrants a talk with your doctor.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.