7 months post lumbar back pain!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Went into hospital with serious headache had 2 lumbar punctures. 1 was really bad he was hitting things in my back making my body spasm. Gave amitryptaline(crap, do more bad then good)

Had bad back pain since bending and picking things up is a struggle. mri of back was clear. As anyone experienced this and fixed it? It's driving me mad.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Least its not just me.

I had mine in march 2016 and my back is still bruised and sore.

It took doctor so many attempts to do it and took 1hr. He kept hitting something that would make body or legs move. Pain was so bad when was being done.

Had xrays but nothing there. Had to fight for mri . Kept going doctors saying still in pain. Still bruised but nothing done , untill he seen my bruise. Took 4 months of me visiting to even bother to look at it.

As soon as he seen bruise he said, will book mri.

Been asking for 4 months. Im worried its leaking.

I went to physio for lower back and have to say really has helped after 4 treatments. So i would try that and see if helps you and try push for mri.

Is your back still bruised.

Andy

• Posted

Hiya mate

I did have an Mri and it came back clear and they couldn't really give me an explanation as to why I was still in pain.

Thankfully it has got much better just some discomfort now when reaching to the floor or slight pain when hyper-extending (like a full stretch curving the back) but panic over.

Been through hell at work. Occupation health refusing to believe anything was wrong! Ha. All sorted now though.

Wouldn't wish what I've gone through on anyone and reading some of these I've not had it near as bad as some.

Hope your recovery is quicker than mine.

• Posted

Mine already been 6 months. So clear end on site. Its full stretch and leaning back that gets me.

So how long you take all in all to get to point where its got better.

Andy

• Posted

Hi! I am glad I found this little community. I had a lumbar puncture done mid Janurary of this year, 2016. And I have had back pain exactly at the site since it was done. And it is oh so frustrating and no fun. I also had the blood patch done a couple days after the puncture, and think this residual pain may be from that. I can feel a little squiggly thing, kind of feels like a small gland, maybe a cyst, don't know, right on the site on my spinal column. It hurts to bend over and if the site is simply poked or nudged it hurts. The pain is only right on top of the spine where the site of the incursion was. 

I wish the doctors from the hospital had any answer for me other than dumbfounded reactions and explanations. That seems to be a common thread around here from other doctors. I haven't had an MRI yet. I just wish the medical community that is delivering these spinal taps had better explanations for what the pain is that comes from them. I mean, these guys are doctors!! If I ever make progress, I will come back here and report. So far,none. But I will keep on it. MRI's, PT, more doctors, etc. I am happy to talk to others in the same boat.

• Posted

Hi Adam,

Did they ever give you an answer?? I had a spinal tap done in March 2014, it's not almost 3 years later and my back is just completely f*cked. 3 days after I had to go in for a blood patch, didn't help. They kept telling me that it'd go away, tried multiple types of medication and nothing seems to help. Also, what country are you in?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.