7 weeks after hysterecomy

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a abdominal hysterecomy. This is my 7th week after surgery. I feel better and came back to work on Tuesday but my hips and my stomach(from the top of my belly button down) is still swollen and sensitive. I had a c section cut. I'm just trying to see how long the swollen will last. I can't fir into my jeans right at al!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine,

I suggest you leave off trying to fit into your jeans.  Your insides are still knitting together, so you shouldn't put any pressure on your hips or abdomen.  You need to heal fully.  

And, the duration of the time you need to heal will vary, due to your age, general health and physical condition. If you don't let yourself heal property, you can get physical problems down the road--I'm not trying to scare you.

Be gentle with your body, and don't demand from it what it can't deliver right now--it has enough going on.  Best of luck to you, and let me know how you get on. xx

• Posted

Thanks Linda!! I wasn't sure how long this would last and my doctor didn't give me any specific time frame. I'm just came back to work and the only thing my doctor said was wait 2 months before having intercourse....lol I went in to have the hysterectomy March 28th and I really didn't realize how much pain I would be in. I still have a little bit of discomfort but no pain. I appreciate your comment and I will let you know how I am doing. Thank you

• Posted

Hi Christine,

You're very welcome!  Why, oh why, do some doctors tell you when you can have intercourse but omit letting you know how long it will take to heal?!  When I could resume was certainly not a priority for me...sorry, TMI smile

• Posted

Hi ... I didnt go back until 12-weeks after my op ... its been nearly a year for me since my op I too haf abdominal hysterectomy and bso... take,your time even now I feel rough sone days
  • Posted

Hi Christine. It's still very early . Listen to your body it tells you everything. It might sound strange . But it's right. I had a TAH last July .and yes I have really good days but I still have some crap ones . Mostly tiredness. I have a friend who had a hysterectomy 2 years ago . And she said to me when I was going in to have it done . Listen to your body and doctor cos you only get one chance and it's so true. . X Good Luck.

• Posted

Don't try wearing your jeans yet, the button digs in your tummy.  It took about 6 months before I could fit into all my trousers and jeans, so you have some way to go yet.  You need a lot of patience but don't get downhearted and don't despair, you will get there eventually just like I did and when you do, you will be leaping around the bedroom just like I did!

• Posted

Hi Christine hope you don't mind me asking but did you have your surgery date before you had your pre op or die you recive it after you had your pre op cuz I had Mine 5 weeks ago and still haven't heard when my op is I've tried all last week nearly all day to get hold of my consultants Secretary but she never answers the phone thanks in advance

• Posted

Im 7 weeks post op and still got another 3 weeks sick leave.

I have been wearing leggings, soft pull up trousers but got into my jeans last week and they did help as i have back problems so it was like a corset but not as tight. Everyone is different just take it a day at a time.ĺ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.