7 WEEKS AND COUNTING

Posted , 2 users are following.

I sincerely hope no one here goes thru the B/S I have been thru with my knee. Yes I am well aware of how a knee replacement hurts believe me it sucks but for those that think this is the worst they have ever felt sorry to inform you your wrong have as many surgeries as I have had I would bet money that once you experience your 6th revision you will almost wish for the pain you had with your first its no joke!!! I am presently at 7 weeks 2 days since my 6th revision pain wise yes its better then when I first got home. At first I was taking 2 4mg tablets of Dilaudid every 4-6 hours ( 6 a day ) for pain now on average its 3 sometimes 2. You would think based on that its not hurting as bad well I can assure you it still hurts like hell. I kind of feel like its one of 2 things going on since I am taking less pain meds, 1- it could be I am getting use to the pain or 2 it could be its a tad better well okay 3rd option maybe a combination of both. Started outpatient Therapy yesterday some good news ROM 125 degrees with no help ( that is with bad knee ) good knee a little over 130. Now the blah after I was done had to do just a few things once I got home 10am by 1pm misery yet again I had to lay down for a few hours pain wise it stunk. For those that have trouble sleeping I am with you on that I would love to get a good nights sleep every night same thing toss and turn try using a pillow to help keep knee comfortable its very hard. Here it is almost 8 am east coast US. Yet again knee swollen and tender if I were to compare surgeries this by far has been the most painful time wise I would guess based on how I feel a good 3 to 4 weeks behind that last revision. Hope this all makes sense I really thought #6 was going to like the last 5 well I was wrong hopefully given time it will get there since now it stinks.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Why do you have to keep having them redone ? What a nightmare for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.