7 weeks bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm looking for some advice before I approach my unhelpful doctor. I was diagnosed with PCOS 7 years ago (suffered in silence before that) and largely I go without a period (perhaps 2-3 light bleeds per year) but in the last 7 weeks I've bled almost non-stop at some points, really heavy. I don't want to waste the doctor's time if it's to be expected but at the same time, I'm getting a little concerned. I'd really appreciate your thoughts...

Thanks in advance x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am experiencing the exact same thing!

Have you been experiencing any abdo pain with the bleeding? x

• Posted

Only what I normally get when having a period. How long has yours been going on for?
    • Posted

About 6 weeks now and I've been getting an awful right side abdo pain with it ??

• Posted

Oh no. Have you been to docs about it? I kind of don't feel like I have the right to complain given that I have so few periods.

• Posted

I haven't had a period in around 18 months and now I have been bleeding for so long so obviously I was worried and in a lot of pain so I've been to A&E 4 times over the past 6 weeks and the doctors which round nothing wrong in the bloods tests which they mainly test for pregnancy and infection and they were fine. So I just got sent home with strong painkillers which obviously help the pain but don't take it away. So I am now seeking medical attention from a private gynaecology consultant who is talking about surgery... Sorry for going on haha I feel like this information is totally useless ??

• Posted

That's okay. It's nice (wrong word I know) to know we're not alone sometimes. I don't always think others understand. Hope it goes well for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.