7 weeks Citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI all,

Advice needed, ive been on citalopram 7 weeks, 2 weeks on 10 mg & 5 on 20 mg, have been taken due to anxiety in perimenopause & the anxiety was cripling & intrusive thoughts, i have just got back from a weeks goluday, that was practically anxiety free, to my amazement & had a great 10 days on the trot, with the odd bit of anxiety, but nothing bad, just been doing gardeneing, & felt a rush of the horrible sensations, i wonder wether to keep on 20 , as its obviously starting to work or to up to 30 mg , im wondering after 7 weeks if i can expect any further improvement ? advice please

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Stick with the 20 mg and let it level out before making anymore adjustments is my advice, more is not always better, I learned the hard way.

Glad to hear that you have been feeling better though! 😃

• Posted

thanks, for that, i was feeling very anxious when i wrote the post, but calming a bit & getting a little perspective, ive felt a huge improvement for 10 days & just need to be more patient, thought it was too soon to have gone for good, but feels worse, when you have had a bit of respite, i was even waking with no anxiety, which hadnt happened in months, its like scarier when you feel it again & you wonder if it will ever go xx

• Posted

Oh yeah there will be, its so up and down right now, but it'll level off. And yes it does feel awful after having really good days but it is normal. A lot of people instantly call their doctor after a bad day or 2 and they always want to increase it. I say wait it out its just a bump in the road.

• Posted

yes, im going to stick with it & ride the waves, thank you so much x

• Posted

I agree. Stick with 20. I went up too fast and it didnt help me. Im now back down to 20 and hoping to stabilize myself. Higher doesnt equal faster. Its, in fact, probably drug out recovery longer bc Ive had to switch several times.

• Posted

Its been a roller coaster. Ive been on cit for a total of 21 weeks. Six weeks at 20, 10 at 30, 3 at 25, and now back down to 20. Ive only had maybe two completely anxiety free days. I still pray daily that things will get better. I was never anywhere close to this anxious before meds. Id never had depression or intrusive thoughts before meds, either. Its been incredibly hard. I was an avid runner and active mom of two and loved to travel. Now, I spend most of my time at home watching tv doing just enough to meet everyones needs. We have gone on two trips this summer which were good distractions. I sincerely hope you improve much more quickly!!!

• Posted

feel for you, anxiety can be crippling & scary, ive never had it this bad, but have had it after having children, think hormones triggger it, im 47 now & kids are 20,18 & 11, ive had a good run of 10 days, with minimal anxiety, but its been back again today ☹

• Posted

Im 37. Kids are 10 and 13. Ive been meaning to do a full blood work up to see if any of my levels are off. Ive had anxiety years but its usually centered around crowds, travel, or germs (puking specifically). Ive managed with xanax "as needed" which was minimal. I thought a low dose of daily anxiety med might be safer....if i had only known.

It sounds like youre already doing better then me so I have faith youre going to do great!

• Posted

i was worried about going away, but i had a lovely time, but not so good today, but been worse, passes quicker now. im sure you will get there eventually, these things always pass, just not knowing when x

• Posted

I would stick on the dose you are on and wait to improve some more before you increase. their is still time for more improvement. a lot more time. I would say give it 12 weeks before changing your dose. hopefully you will keep improving as the weeks go by.

• Posted

I only found out from talking to people on here. that some people need a lot more time than others Laura being one of them lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.