7 weeks on

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi ladies 

7 weeks on is a strange time as I feel I should be doing abit more but not sure how much.  I have pegged out some washing and kneeling down, tidied up some of the garden today.  I as seeing my consultant tomorrow and will ask him of course but being a man does he really know how things feel. I have been taking one laxido in a morning to help with evening bm but I find that all day I feel bloated and heavy at the front low down.  I need to stick to this routine as I start my job early at 7am and to not want my bm to be in a morning as I need to be up and out of the house at 6.45am (not going back to work till after 9 weeks I have decided) this bloated feeling makes me not want to eat much in the day though and it's hard not to think about it when I feel fat and swollen any thoughts anybody please xx

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I hate that bloated, in need of a BM too, it is a problem over the initial early weeks when we are to rest and not do very much . I think that once we are allowed to do more walking and other more mobile tasks, the problem should sort itself. Some one suggested on this site to try and go after a walk and hot drink. I know this usually works for me, I have a hot drink and do my pelvic floor exersises, and it does help a little!

Phyllis

• Posted

Hi Phyllis 

i do do manage a walk most days I have taken my puppy for a short walk afew times but he does pull a lot so have to be careful   I thought what I might try today is half a sachet of laxido and see if that still helps but I am not so bloated it's hard to know what to do at 7 weeks as you feel things should be returning to normal x

• Posted

Last time I had repair done I was doing about 2× 20 mint walks by 7 weeks and still frlt it wasnt enough. I figured if I was meant to be back at work by 12 weeks that by 7 weeks should be able to cope with half of what would be expected of me at work. But realize now it doesn't work like that and think I was over doing it to put it mildly. Will take it much easier this time, unfortunately can't be hurried along!

Everything will sort itself given time!

• Posted

Hi Dianne - i am also 7 weeks post A&p (tomorrow) and am just thoroughly fed up with everything - sick of the four walls sick of the tv and want to go back to work but scared that it will wipe me out - im still feeling sore and achy and unless im horizontal it just gets worst through the day - my consultant doesnt want to see me until May! I know this is all probably normal but i just cant wait for it all to go away - never thought it would take this long and thank heavens for this forum or else i would have gone mad. Sorry rant over
    • Posted

Hi Jamandar

wow May that seems along time have you had any interim check up I thought the check up was about six weeks after your operation x

• Posted

Hi Diane - nope she said to see her in the clinic in 4 months - not seen anyone since the op - i assume because Ive had no heavy bleeding or infection that Im aware of - that everything is ok. However I am going to try and get an earlier appointment I think just for my peace of mind.
    • Posted

Yes definately. I feel I have lost some of my confidence too as you are pretty much holed up at home and my hubby is a quiet man so glad when a friend can see me I go to the gym, attend s line dancing class and work part time in the community but feel so out of it all at the moment how about you ? X
    • Posted

I totally understand - it feels quite surreal actually - i normally work full time and havent spent this much time at home since i was pregnant 22 years ago and i cant believe ive had 7 weeks off! My husband is also quite quiet so like you i love company but most of my friends work as well so i feel really isolated. My confidence took a hit too - was so scared to drive again which is crazy as ive driven all my adult life - it didnt take long though to get back in the swing of things - just wish i felt comfortable "down below"!!
    • Posted

Hi

I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago with a repair at the front around the end of march. I had a holiday booked which had been booked since previous September so didn't want to cancel, nothing to active hotel with beach club lying about in sun reading books. Hubby coped with cases. But by beginning of June still no appointment sent out. Phoned them explaining going off on holiday, almost 12 weeks since op... would rather have seen them 1st, gave them my dates. No appointment came before holiday, came back couldn't believe they had sent appointment out whole I was away for appointment while I was away. Given another for October, thought that's good round about time I intended to return to work, but week before appointment they phoned to cancel as consultant was going on holiday. Did not finely see someone till following February, almost a year by that time. Had returned to work the previous November, around 8 month post op and by February had a slight prolapse again. Looking back I had had a heavy bleed in hospital when they took catheter out and some of the Stichill had loosened at that point. So I always felt that it was doomed to eventually fail but they won't confirm or admit that that may be why it prolapsed again so quickly!

Different consultant this time round and got my appointment for 23rd may around 12 weeks post op, and no problems with catheter coming out this time so hope it will be more successful this time!

Hope all goes well for you!

• Posted

Hi Jamandar

i am in Mansfield near Nottingham   Saw my consultant yesterday he is v pleased with my healing / recovery so I am going to drive today after 7 weeks I am off out for coffee with an old work colleague. I have been pretty low this past four days as feel so out of it.  How about u xx

• Posted

Hi Diane - so thats good news!! Just having someone say its all healing properly and on track must be very reassuring. Getting out and talking about something else will do you the world of good - have fun!!

I feel a lot better today - not quite so painful and uncomfortable - fingers crossed that it lasts - i looked after my granddaughter who is almost 2 yesterday for a bit and so a bit too much bending and lifting that was probably sensible but rested the rest of the day and not too bad today - might have a little trip to Tesco just for some fresh air!

Enjoy your coffee!

• Posted

Hi all

I am almost 4 weeks pot op after vag hysterectomy and post and ant repair. My doctor aid I could go back to work next week. I convied him to ha me go back alf days the first week then go back full time.  I don't have any lifting,I am a vice-prncipal but my days are about 10 hours and I am  on my feet most of that.  I am worried.Anyone else back at work?

• Posted

Hi tamara, I am sort of back at work, even though it is from home I am also almost 4 weeks too. I get up and do 4 hours a day from home through the computer , helps with catching up on thousands of emials and wages, bills etc, so that when I do return to work I don't have a relapse due to the work load that would have plied up if I don't as no one is doing my work while I am on leave. Is someone doing your work/ or do you face a huge back log of emails and playing catchup when you do return? I find doing the 4 hours in the morning is easier as I get exhausted and then need to get horizontal to reduce pressure down there. I also worry about having to go to tiolet at work, it is a distance to the tiolet at back of building and at the moment I am not always making it in time. I think explaining to the boss that you would like to try even through recovery is usually along longer would help and then if you find you can't cope he would be more undertsanding. Think you just need to prepare yourself for exhaustion that you may experience and going back gradually helps with this. Good Luck. All the best  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.