7 weeks on Fluoxetin

Posted , 2 users are following.

7 weeks on fluoxetine and feeling sick all the time. Has no appetite. It has gotten worse in the last week. Is this common?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi kicki

Yes, it is very normal, it is one of side effects from Fluoxetine. There are many of them but lost of appetite and nausea is very common. I was so sick that could not eat and lost 6 kilos, but than i start to take meds for nausea so i was able to eat something, usually smoothies. It will pass, don't be scared. It is very tough journey on Fluoxetine, up and downs with so many side effects that making us think we are getting worse, i am going through all this too, i am on week 19 at 20mg and still very tough. If you like we can keep in touch and help each other through this journey 😃 I know how hard it is and makes us feel lonely and scared

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.