7 weeks on higher dose of citalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

Well this my 7th week of taking a higher dose of citalopram (40mg increased from 30mg).  After a few weeks of horrible side effects, these are gradually easing although I still wake up in the morning with anxiety - this does pass though but I thought it would have gone by now!  I am also seeing a therapist on a weekly basis which helps - just wondered if anyone felt like this at 7 weeks?

Look forward to hearing from you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue.

I recently took Citalopram for 8 weeks and it didn't agree with me which is unfortunate because I took it many years ago and it worked fantastic.

I think that time it took about 7 weeks for me to notice that I was much better than when I started and about 9 week before I felt totally normal,anxiety free xxx

• Posted

I was on 30mg for the whole duration the time it worked xx
    • Posted

Hi Gillian

Thanks for replying - hopefully it won't be too long now then! xxx

• Posted

Your welcome chick.

please remember that you had a breakdown and what lead up to that,didn't just happen overnight. It took time for you to break and it will take time for you to fix but I'm a firm believer that our minds just need time to mend,the same as if we broke a leg.We will be ok Sue...and if in the meantime you need a friend,I'm here xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.