7 weeks on Venlafaxine - so tired

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please help I am now 7 weeks on Venlafaxine. 3 weeks on increased dose 150mg per day. One day I can feel a little anxious in mornings but really good the rest of today and I day like today. Feeling weird, down and so so sleepy I just want to go to bed. Will this ever settle. I’m beginning to think they are not for me? X

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I feel just the same 3 weeks on increase 300mgs. I’m tired, low and weird. I am giving it until 6 weeks to devide. On my last increase things did improve eventually so I’m hoping it does this time but like you I just want to go to bed! It’s horrjble isn’t it?! X
    • Posted

Me too! I’m 3 weeks on increase and very tired. Do you ever feel foggy in your head? X
    • Posted

Hi Vicky yes foggy, not quite with it and sleepy to the point it like I’ve taken a sleeping tablet! Then there is today, no anxiety all day, no tiredness then I think yes that’s me on the road to recovery then feeling awful again. The longest I have felt good for so far is 1 week. I have said to myself I need to have been symptom free for 2 weeks before I can look for a new job and not sure when this will be! X
  • Posted

hello, yes, you will improve. i had to wait 10 weeks on ven, before improvements started. for some people, it takes even longer. after feeling okay and good on ven for approx 10 weeks, i dipped for 3 weeks straight. had a dose increase a few weeks ago, now going through increased anxiety, tenseness, and irratability, after being on ven for 6 months. i know its something that will pass in a few more weeks, like it did before. having a dose increase is like starting over again. you have to give your increased dose at least another 6 weeks, before you can expect much. hopefully less.
  • Posted

It will settle .It takes a while for the increase to calm down sometimes I remember although I had some improvements it took about  6 weeks after each increase you just wake up and feel different it is a gradual process .I can only guess it's the brain settling down with the medication .You will get there .take care xxxx

• Posted

dawn, you are spot on, thats what happend to me on my last increase, and is happening now on my current one. was tempted to go back down after my last one, stuck with it, and about 6 weeks later, started calming down. most people on ven, have worse anxiety or depression, than the average person on a ssri, which is probably why improvements and recovery take longer.
  • Posted

hi elaine, how are you doing today? im so tired i just dont undetstand it and still feel low. im just over 3 weeks on increase x

• Posted

Hi Vicky I'm 4 weeks tomorrow on increase and have been good since MONDAY, TUESDAY a bit tired but no real anxiety. Today so far I feel good so hoping this is me this time. If my doc askes me to increase I'll manage on what im on could not go through the heightened anxiety and tiredness again. Let me know if your anxiety improves soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.