7 weeks post Hal-rar: Hemorrhoids still swollen after BM, are they back?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Underwent the THD/ HAL-RAR procedure about 7 weeks ago and now the hemorrhoids are still swollen whenever I have a BM. it doesn't stay swollen for a long time and compared to before it goes back in after a while but its noticeable and causes some discomfort. The THD was done with just stitches and no laser coagulation. seems like blood still flows into the tied up hemorrhoids. Has anyone else who has undergone this procedure experienced this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have had the same procedure but I am only 3 weeks post operation. I am not experiencing yet what you are saying, although I have developed a small bump externally that is stinging sometimes. I'll get my surgeon to check it out on follow up. I don't think this surgery promises that we will have perfect rectums, but hopefully it does make life comfortable and manageable without causing the more serious issues that the operation of yesteryear did. Good luck with your healing. Did you seek professional advice from your doctor? I hope you are doing better now anyway. It takes 3 months for the full results of this procedure to show themselves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.