7 weeks post hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

its been 7 weeks since ive had a full hysterectomy. im 34 so i have been prescribed HRT . i know it is still early days since the operation, but im struggling to sleep, feel tired all the time and lack energy. i was just wondering if there is anything i can try to help, i started taking menopause vitmains. any advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephanie yes I'm still struggling with sleep and I'm 7 months on I've read it's to do the lack of hormone that helps you sleep it is getting a little better now but still difficult at times. warm milk and honey with nutmeg helps also valerian. But I'd check with Dr first if your on hrt. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Stephanie

It's been nearly 5 months since my hysterectomy. I'm on HRT and anti depressants and still struggling with tiredness.I have also been given iron tablets as my iron levels are low. I've started pushing myself by going swimming in a hope that increasing my fitness levels helps with the tiredness. I also eat lots of fruit and veg. I try not to nap during the day but I'm finding i need a nap during my lunch break most days.

I'm just hoping its part of the recovery process.

I do feel so much better than I did before my op but it still feels like early days.

we have to remember we've been through a massive procedure and its going to take a long while to adjust.

keep going Hun i'm sure its going to get easier. Rest when you need to and don't be tough on yourself.

x

• Posted

i am making sure i eat healthy, more fruit and veg. i try not to nap during the day, otherwise i struggle to sleep at night. your right in saying we have been through a massive procedure, and that is what i am forgetting, the body needs time to adjust and recover

• Posted

magnesium citrate before bed is fab for sleep.. it relaxes all muscles.

I have had issues with mind wandering at night and waking up... this has cured it..give it a try hunxx any good healthshop in powder form add to juice or caps.

• Posted

I shall give that a go too as I'm still struggling to sleep some herbal remedies work for a while then seems to stop.

• Edited

Hi Ladies, I'm 16 weeks post OP after full hysterctomy, im struggling to sleep but mainly due to hot flushes, Im taking HRT but its not having much affect. last night I listened to an 8hr sleep hypnosis session by Thomas Hall, I slept like a baby for 8hrs. Ive bought some flax seeds today to try and help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.