7 weeks post op and feeling a bit blue today

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi there,

After the thrill of seeing consultant st 6 week check and getting driving again I'm in a bit of a slump.

I went for my favourite woodland walk which is pretty much all uphill and because my dog ran off I had to go much further than I planned! So effectively did 1.5 miles steep up hill and then the same steep downhill! And so I'm back to being a wee bit sore and not feeling very stable on just one crutch so back to 2. .

I know this is a journey and it can't be rushed but the frustrations are difficult!

I'm desperate to be fully functioning by the end of the school holidays so I can get back to work but cannot imagine it's going to happen.

Sorry for the moan, but I know those on this forum understand and it saves being a moaning Minnie to those around me!

S

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi don't get disheartened I'm now nearly 7 months post op and I don't think I could even try to do what you did. I'm not walking far all only shopping and up and downstairs and around the house.im still having problems with my foot and I'm waiting for a nerve conduction test to hopefully sort it. 

I still ill have to keep resting and often wonder how much I can walk. I'm a member of the ramblers society and can't wait to get back to walking with them.

Its a long recovery and keep up the good work you are doing walking and resting but not too much.

All the best for a good recovery Brenda C

• Posted

Brenda what hap to your foot ??

I am little over two weeks and doing great

But i have some numbness on top of rt foot and bottom of left

Hip surgeon suggested mri and maybe neurologist later

Had spinal xrays today

My spinal block was not completed i have some curve but they tried several times??

I am waiting to see as scar heals if foot changes

Glad we have this forum

jozie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.