7 weeks post op and lifted shopping

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can someone please put mind at rest a bit?  I just picked up a bag  from the floor not realising it had two bottles of cola in it. I am 7 weeks post op from TAH I got a sharp pulling pain for a while but lay down so hopefully I have not done any damage 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I very much doubt you have done any damage.  I was carrying heavy wet washing baskets up the back garden steps a couple of weeks or so after my hysterectomy and I was fine lol  It was lovely weather and the washing needed hanging out and no one was around so I did it.  I read something online that said lifting doesn't do any more damage than getting out of bed cos you have to use your stomach muscles to get out of bed.  I'm six months post op now smile
    • Posted

Thanks Janet. I am a born worrier, as my sister says lol
  • Posted

Hi Dee, I am 16 days post LAVH and yesterday completely forgot about even having an op and lifted a full laundry basket eek eek! my hubby went daft and when I realised what I had done I went a bit green for a second, like you I lay down for a couple of hours, if you don't experience any more pain just make certain you take it easy from now on, if you are at all worried though contact your GP which of course won't be easy now as it is new years eve, but if you are really worried go to A&E.
    • Posted

Thanks Phoebe and please take it easy too. It is easy to forget isnt it ?

• Posted

Dee... yes.. had the SAME thing happen... SOOOO worried..

I called dr... she said that is your muscle area they cut through... it will be a  SHARP, PULLING pain...

I too layed down, didnt move  and prayed smile

That's your body telling you KNOCK IT OFF FOR A WHILE.

Its your wake up call!

I had that  a few times.. you have to listen to your body...

Dr. said NOTHING will happen inside, but that sensation will happen... it takes SO LONG to mend, heal.. the whole process...

today, 8 weeks later I am still getting a side pain, usually sitting too long. I have it right now, lol..

Feel better!

• Posted

I am glad your doctor told you that mine just shrugged.

This morning I woke with terrible backache and even with painkillers have not helped sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.