7 weeks post op bladder & prolapse repair

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a TVT-O bladder repair & rectocele & last night I thought about attempting sex for the first time.  I thought that I would take things slowly so that it wouldnt be too painful. I thought that firstly I would use my friend( commonly known as a vibrater haha)  to make sure it wasnt too uncomfy.  As I was having a soak in the bath I decided to poke around with my finger test for tender places. Whilst my finger was inside I could feel a lump that defo wasnt there before my op. As I put my finger in I could feel the lump & when I was taking my finger out the lump moved forward. The lump is about the same size as the first part of my index finger & although it moves forward it is attatched to something. Could this be the tape used in the op, is it normal to find lumps & bumps? I dont have my post op check till the end of august. As for sex, well that is off the menu for now haha.    

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hello karen. If the lump wasn't attached I would say it's just part of the healing process but from what you describe I'm unsure. Lumps and bumps appearing are common but I would ask your GP to check this out, it's a long time until your appointment with the consultant.

• Posted

Hi Karen. I've had the tvt and A&P repair. Where abouts is the lump is it flappy? Is it on front or back wall?

I have a flappy lump on back wall but when I was at hospital on Friday the consultant couldn't find it. He gave me gloves and asked me to find it for him but it had gone. But it's back again. I think it appears when I need a bm as it pushes against the wall and it appears so I have no idea what mine is.

• Posted

Yes it is a flappy lump & its on the front wall . Im not in any pain or discomfort but it was just a shock to find it there.  I am  going to see my GP on monday. 

• Posted

If it's the front wall it's probably to do with your bladder repair. As you're not in any pain or discomfort it's probably not to do with the healing or one of the stitches which is a good sign. Fi has brought up something that happens quite often, a lump or flap that is only there occasionally. Anyway you'll hopefully know on Monday. Take care x

• Posted

Thank you for replying. Its nice to know im not the only one with lumps 😀
    • Posted

So matron do you know what the occasional flap on back wall could be. I was frustrated it wasn't there at my examination.

• Posted

I'm wracking my brain to be honest and I can't think for definite what it could be. I did think it could be a skin tag that could have appeared after you've be sutured and isn't noticeable all the time. You said you thought it was possibly there after you'd had your bowels opened so I then thought the movement of the bowel could have caused it to 'pop out'. 

• Posted

It's only in last 2 weeks that I noticed it but like I say it's not there all the time. It's really strange. He did however notice if developed a urethrocele which I'd asked about as that has only shown up recently. They fix things and others pop down like they feel left out. Haha. X

• Posted

Mine feels like it is the size of a grape but not smooth to touch
    • Posted

Mines very smooth and probably about size of a squashed grape.
  • Posted

oh no sounds like a popped stitch I would call the surgeon. but good idea to check things out ahead of time.
    • Posted

Would it be painful if I had popped a stitch? I certainly havent felt anything pop. Fingers crossed I havent 😀

• Posted

Yes it would be karen. If you'd popped a stitch in that position you would know, believe me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.