7 weeks Post-Op Condition

Posted , 7 users are following.

DD Community,

Just checking back in to let those know who are in line for a resection or considering it..

I am now 7 weeks post-op and I can say without any doubts that I made the right decision.

I am eating what I like; however, with a bit more responsibility than before my disease settled in a year ago. No over-eating, no drinking or smoking, etc. Each day that passes I feel more like my old self.

The scarring from the laparoscopic incisions don't look too bad honestly. I am currently living an absolutely pain-free life. I hope that this great feeling continues as I move forward. I hope everyone waiting for their resections or considering one can use this info in helping make that big decision. I do not regret it one bit.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daniel, glad to hear you are doing so well. I had mine in the beginning of May this year. And I to had a great recovery and feel amazing too. It was sooo worth it. Take care 😊👍 and keep on getting better.

• Posted

Great news. I'm scheduled fir surgery October 31st. How was the first couple weeks

• Posted

Linda,

Wonderful news:) The first week is the biggest challenge. You must learn how to get up without using too much of your abdominal muscles. Try rolling on your side and using your arms to aide you. A walker then graduate to a cane. Really it wasn't too bad. Stay on top of your pain med immediately after surgery. Peeing again can be a huge challenge. My trick that always worked was always having a pan in the bathroom to fill with hot hot water. The old hand in hot water will get you peeing again. Once you're through that first week it's smooth sailing. Honestly, my joy from being through the surgery and the prospects of a new life were so enthralling for me i gladly accepted the challenge of the recovery and my positive attitude made all the difference for me... Keep us in the loop on your surgery. You are going to be living a brand new life very very soon!

• Posted

I had my op 2 years ago and although i had so e complications and was in hospital for 16 day, i still have mo regrets about having the op. it has been a slow recovery and i have to make sure i dont have too much fibre and generally be a little careful, i can eat most things without trouble. compared to the diet limitations and miserable pain of constant attacks of diverticulitus life is a breeze.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.