7 weeks post op TKR

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I’m new to the group.

I am 7 weeks post op tkr.

I had my right knee done and I feel good .

I’m wondering why my right leg is bending in towards my left leg.

It looks very weird to me.

Is this normal and will it straighten out with physio ?

Thank you for any thoughts !!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, welcome!

Ask your physio. ..it might simply be it is now in the correct place and it wasn't before! Most likely I should think! Are you in UK?

• Posted

Ow! - nothing technical to add but see your physio - sounds wrong & you don't want leave IF there's a problem.

• Posted

Hi Lisa,welcome to the group. When you lose cartilage and go bone to bone the knees will typically start to bow to the outside. When you have the tkr the new knee will be aligned properly again and when it's your first tkr it will look different than your old knee. It may even feel longer than the old one. Best of luck in your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.