7 weeks post op TTC open ankle fusion and Boone graft.

Posted , 2 users are following.

All seems to going ok I'm 7 weeks in and bin load bearing on crutches for 3 weeks . I'm back at the hospital on the 15th ov this month for a X-ray and hoping for a walker boot rather than a cast anyone any info or thoughts ov my chances ov this happening ????

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sean. I had an ankle fusion on August 1st.  11 weeks in cast before I got the boot.  However, I have only worn the boot for 2 weeks on and off and am walking without crutches or boot now.  The only problem is that my ankle swells by the end of the day.  I elevate when I can.  I have had one session of physio with two more booked and I go to the pool three times a week to practice my exercises in the small warm pool.  Can't walk too far at present but have just returned from shopping without sticks!  I am an old girl, 68, but am determined to be back to normal ASAP.  Best of luck with your recovery, but my advice to you would be do as they tell you.  If it takes a little longer but is completely successful it will be worth while.  So I keep telling myself!

• Posted

Hi thanks for ur reply I'm in no rush it will be wot it will be so far so good I'm just going to do wot I'm told . And wow well done u so glad ur up and about keep smiling x

• Posted

Good luck Sean.  If I can do it anyone can.  I'm a complete wimp!

• Posted

Ha ha I doubt that very much . How are u for movement i.e. Limp etc. And don't how mine will be because I've also had a steel nail put up through my heel to just below my knee .x

• Posted

Aaaaaahhh.  That sounds horrific.  I had a plate and 4 screws.  I am trying very hard not to limp.  It's very early days so I've been told.  When I walk slowly I do not limp and I am sure that the physio exercises will help. I have only been out of plaster for three weeks so I'm pretty pleased with progress but very impatient.  My husband is very pragmatic and I know that he is right.  In six months time everything will be fine.

• Posted

I've had a pile ov pins and some screws to do it should really be very strong I'd hope time will tell .my wife just keeps telling to stop being so soft .im just 50 so let's hope it's lasts.x

• Posted

Soft?..with all that metalwork in your leg?  I don't think so.  Keep your chin up go to physio when you come out of plaster and see If you can have some hydrotherapy which should be available on the NHS.  If you have a swimming pool nearby you can practice in the learner pool which is always much warmer than the big pool.  That's what I'm doing and it make me feel much better.  

• Posted

Ok will try it thanks for the chat and have a great wkend x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.