7 weeks post op. Worse pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

My trial SCS went well. On the 4th day after trial I walked 1/4 mile and hadn't been able to do that in a couple years.

Worst thing after perminant implant was extream boredom. After the first couple weeks I really wanted to do more sinse I was feeling a lot better than b4 surgery.. but I followed instructions.... skip forward ..I'm at 7 week post op. A few days ago (after my 6 week release to start doing more active things) I weeded my entire yard and garden. A lg. trash can stuffed full and 2 large trash bags! 4 hours it felt wonderful that I could do so much after so much inactivity. Then I drug the bags and full can across my yard and to the rd. for trash pick up.

That day I seemed okay, some extra pain but I expected it.

Now for 3 days I've been in extream pain most the time. The stimulator doesn't touch it and I'm taking double the pain pills.

Do you think I just overdid it too soon after surgery or is it possible I caused my leads to have moved. I figured they were pretty well attached at this stage.

I hurt just walking to my car unless I'm drugged again on pain meds again. ?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sounds like, you felt like superwoman and overdid yard work.  My advice is to rest up for a week to see if that’s helps.  If you don’t start to feel better, like pain is diminishing, I would talk to either the surgeon’s office to make sure you didn’t move something and maybe the tech to possibly up the stimulator.  Good luck for continued relief.

Dee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.