7 Weeks Post TKR of Right Knee, Pounds Lifting

Posted , 3 users are following.

Seems I incorrectly titled my first post. I'm very sorry. I am 7 weeks post rtkr and wonder how much anyone around this time was lifting? My dachshund weighs 15 pounds and am curious about lifting her into her car seat or into the vet.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Everyone's different.

i would say fifteen pounds is borderline.

why don't you try lifting various weights and work your way up to fifteen pounds. Then see how you feel.

good luck

• Posted

Thanks, Mike! It always helps to have someone in the same boat to get help from. Much appreciated!
  • Posted

You must build endurance before weight.  Read the Exercise Section in my post...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/the-tkr-experience-or-wish-i-had-another-kidney-stone--524499

My daughter is a graduate nutritionist plus an American College of Sports Medicine-certified and ACI-certified trainer for 16 years.  I'd listen to her...

• Posted

That was great! Thank you! Just read it all. Thanks so much for the part on depression. I feel a little better just knowing that it is so common. I definitely have to start walking more!
    • Posted

Just remember that this takes time.  I'm almost 11 months and it's still not over.  Clicking/clunking, leg strength not back all the way...  The problem is that no doctor out there adequately prepares his/her patient for what comes after the op...the long journey back to normality.  Certainly, no one talks about post-op depression, sciatica, leg length, swelling...  We ALL get hit with it and wonder why we devolve into mental puddles of Jello!!!

Just take your time...own your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.