7 weeks so tired

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I have been taking fluoxetine for 7 weeks, started with 20mg and now for 2,5 weeks on 30mg. The mornings are the worst. I feel nauseous and anxious and have diarrhea. This has been going on for months. I feel so exhausted and unmotivated to do anything. Does this get better with fluoxetine?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

bella

these ssris take time to work, time to heal and time to get through side effects! it has always taken me around 3 months to see little improvements and 6 to 9 months to recover on ssris. for most people anxiety in the morning is part of it and it usually is the last to go. it gets less and less and then goes away. and i too was unmotivated didnt want to do anything laying around. its part of your body adjusting to the additional seritonin levels. it also fades away. for positive inspiration and information search katecogs she posts on this prozac forum. send her a post or message. she also has a blog. just type in katecogs on internet! full of info! helped me get through!!

hang in there !!!

• Posted

bella

i also took a little klonopin in the morning with the ssri and as the morning anxiety faded away i gradually stopped the morning klonopin. i did try to tough it out without it though for some reason. you might ask dr about this.

• Posted

Thank you so much Brian for your reply and help. I am going to look her up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.