7 weeks today post op for anterior repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just checking in with you ladies as not been on for a while . So am 7 weeks out today from bladder prolapse repair , was ag stage 3 ... Was warned that I wouldn't be able to have any more op's of this nature as had too much scar tissue down there due to previous operations . So anyway I went back to work this last Sunday .. Making it 3 days short of it being 7 weeks recovering . I work at a retail store in the offices but still have to go down and do check outs and dates and temps etc so lots of walking and sitting . All in all it wasn't too bad but I was so tired Sunday afternoon as that is my longest shift (7hours) by 3 pm I was ready for home ! Work have been very good tho and keep telling me to take it easy!

My recovery hasn't been too bad , had two infections around the 2 weeks mark and felt rubbish , very tired to start off with , but apart from that have been fine . I think all my stitches have healed ... But was leaking some urine around the 3 week mark when I was walking so made an appointment with gynocologist , she couldn't believe how well I was healing and seemed really pleased 👍🏽. The no lifting rule is hard to follow especially when you feel so well in yourself ! Family still helping me on that one but I am doing a lot more and have been for quite a few weeks now ... With caution !! This week I am finding I'm having lower backache again and a dragging feeling down there but I've just put it down to being back at work and doing more things , back to see the consultant 3 weeks today ... Sorry it's long winded

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Doing far to much to soon Sarah . Slow down as 7 weeks you still need to take it easy
  • Posted

I agree with Kar. I can't believe your GP signed you off especially as so much is resting on this repair being successful. A 7 hour sift is far too long, it would have been better if you had gone back on graduated return (your GP could have stipulated this on your return to work certificate, mine did and that was 13 weeks) so you weren't so tired and less pressure on your repair which won't be completely healed yet.
    • Posted

She was ready to sign me back at 4 weeks but I told her I wanted another 2 weeks ... Quite worried again now with hearing I've been doing too much 😳
    • Posted

Sounds like you have a GP who has forgotten her gynaecology training.
    • Posted

Yea she checked me at 4 weeks because I said i was leaking ( all settled down now tho and not be doing it again) said she was amazed at how well I was healing and was really pleased . Then I was meant to see her at 6 weeks but she was away and only does clinics every other week so it has turned out I see her 10 weeks to the day after my op . So that makes it 3 weeks today I will be seeing her again
    • Posted

Ideally it's better to wait until after your post op check before you return to work. I know not everyone has one but if you do it's best to wait and make sure everything is ok. You're working long hours and phyl is absolutely right, that dragging feeling is usually because you're doing too much and the backache is as well. Sorry to have to be so blunt sarah but you really must be careful and don't even think about lifting. I went back to work at 13 weeks and my GP put on my return to work certificate no lifting for 6 months and graduated return to work for 4 weeks. That's the sensible advice.
  • Posted

I do a sedentary office job and was off work 11 weeks after my anterior repair
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

Well done! You are doing really well, must be a fast healer. But must agree with everyone else, I think you are doing too much too soon.

If I was told this was my last possible repair I would be taking at least 6 months out and would be extra careful with everything i was doing.

Usually lower back pain and dragging feeling down below means you are overdoing things and need to slow down and take it easy, you don't want your repair to fail. I think matron is right you should ask for graduated return or shorter shifts just for a few weeks. 7 weeks is early days yet and you still should be resting plenty especially if your body is telling you that your doing too much!

Glad to hear all is well and please be extra careful,

Phyl x☺☺☺

• Posted

Hi Sarah you replied to me earlier I have also had an anterior repair and am leaking urine badly never had this problem before. Am seeing the continence nurse on Tuesday thought I had an infection but no such luck. I have been walking about and that's when the leakage is worse feel so upset about it have to wear a pad wonder if the op was worth it now as never had this before.  What advise if any did they give you am trying to do pelvic floor but they are not stopping the leaks.  Am terrified about being forced back to work my surgeon said 12 weeks at least like you I work in retail long time on feet plus lifting take it easy on yourself. No medals for being brave 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.