7 yrs of vomiting. Help ! Help ! Please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been to 5 GI doctors,3 endoscopic tests ,brain scan, chest scan , mobility tests twice, emptying test, Colonscopy. Barium test, H .parlouries, Abdomen tests twice all came back good. Been on all the avid blockers, Reglan, carvate, ondansetron all provided no help. My last Gl doctor is now thinking maybe is mental but i dont have any mental issues. My life is totally a mess now. Nothing stay in my stomach but i have no pain any where. The doctors say no blockages, or tumors anywhere. But a small hiatus hernia. They don't know how to help me now. Blood work is good. I dont know if my blood pressure and high cholesterol medicine may have something to do with this problem.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony

Can I ask you a few more questions: how much alcohol do you drink a week, do you smoke, are you over weight, do you suffer from heart burn.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

Never smoke. Occasionally drinks 2 to 4 glasses a wine a month. No over weight. 5" 10 . 170ibs ,exercise 4 to5 times a week. No heart burn.

• Posted

Does sound like gastroenteritis, or you may be allergic to certain food, even lactose intolerance. Ask your gp if you can an allergy test.

Otherwise it could be nervousness or stress, people are affected differently and if you've been suffering for a long time you may not think it is.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

High BP shouldn't cause vomiting I wouldn't be surprised if it's high with all the stress of the vomiting

Cholesterol same thot on that

You must be getting something down

Sounds like it is a mental issue maybe a nervous stomach ???

Hope you find a solution

E

• Posted

Tony

How awful for you. There will be an answer out there just keep pushing for it. Hv they done ct or mri scans? I think if they have done everything else maybe that might b called for. Have they looked at motility disorder. This can cause a lot of cramping which I know you don't have but on the other side of the scale it can cause your stomach to do nothing. The muscles just don't work correctly and I know this can cause a lot of vomiting. Good luck. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.