75 degree Kyphosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I'm 16 and I just came back from the doctor saying I have a 75 degree curve in my back and surgery is the only option. I am so scared. Is surgery the only answer? Is it worth it? Whats the recovery time? Are there any risks?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'd get the surgery. It could crush your vital organs and cause failure and death. I had full fusion 18 yrs ago for an s curve. I'm in some pain but I'm alive.

• Posted

I’m scheduled for T2-T10 fusion with a 3 column osteotomy at T7 to correct post laminectomy kyphois.   I had a 5.2 cm removed requiring a quadruple laminectomy 2/21/17.  I was doing well last fall but started to weaken and feel like I couldn’t hold my upper body up .  After my tumor surgeon sent me to a reconstructive surgeon it was determined I had severe kyphosis due to the ligaments no lingering being attached to lamina in that region .  My thoracic spine has nothing to tie it into my rib cage in that region.   I was scheduled for surgery asap which is 5/16/18.  Dreading it ! The last one was rough and this one will be worse rolleyes  when is your surgery ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.