75mg vs 150mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on 75mg for about two months and I do feel like it's helping with my anxiety but my doctor told me to tell him if I wanted to up to 150. I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed a big difference being on 150. Also the higher you went dos you gain more weight? I think I'm nervous too bc the higher I go I feel like the harder it will be to come off someday. Thank you for any responses

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I think it does accelerate weight gain personally at the higher dose unfortunately, I gained a lot of weight very quickly on ven. For me, the side effects far outweighed the benefits. it's a nasty drug, not to alarm you but I'd try something else as its so hard to come off also. I'm sorry to be so negative but speak to your doctor and see about another alternative and tapering down.good luck!xxx
  • Posted

Hi kutiebug

I tried 150 for ten days and found the dose too much. I didn't feel myself at all. I'm back to 75 but kind of a bit flat. I'm going to ask for a smaller increase of 37.5 to add to the 75. I would suggest you try that and see how you go.

ven has been a great help to me and I personally think this AD is fab! I tried 3 others before this one! Wishing you well xxx

• Posted

After being on mirtazapine I find this drug so much better .. I cnt say I have any side effects either comparison to mirt. I started on 75 went up to 150 after 2weeks. Takes a few weeks to kick in really. I take it an hour before bed. I was told 75 isn't therapeutic. .you need 150. J have a good friend who is a phyciatrist she told me it is unusual to gain alot of weight with ven. Maybe a little at 1st.
  • Posted

Hi Kutiebug,

I know there are plenty of horror stories about Venlafaxine. However I would like to share a success story. I went from 75 to 150 to 187.5. I can honestly say it has been the best move I have ever made.

My depression has disappeared. I was doing well at 75, but at 187.5 I am a new person. My anxiety has disappeared and my depression, while not gone, has tremendously disappated.

The main side effects are sexual delay and night sweats. But the bennefits include feeling positive all the time, being outgoing, and looking forward to everyday. Seriously, I go to bed looking forward to waking up.

I confess I haven't dealt with wothdrawl, so I can't speak to that end.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

• Posted

It's good to read your happy story ?? I'm going the docs today to have mine increased hopefully as iv gone pretty low with no get up & go at all. Iv been on this drug many years ago no side effects or problems with WD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.