7months post tkr

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone just an update so we are 7 onths down the line hings are starting to get better did my longest walk ever yesterday was tierd afterwards but still managed without any pain have been out this morning and done the same still have days when i have pain but overall much better than a month ago im starting to see improvement so dont think becaise you are further down the line that your a failure keep going we get there in the end good luck to everyone its a hard road and this forum will keep you going

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda.

Good for you! I am 27 weeks post tkr. At one point I felt positive about mine. Now it's as though it has been 2 steps back for every 1 step forward. Seeing posts like yours helps me to not feel extremely discouraged!

Thank you for posting!

• Posted

Hi! I had my left TKR in October 2014 at 57 years old and on 18th April I'm having a right TKR and that's why I'm back on my "life line"- this forum! I seem to recall that it took at least nine months to start forgetting about the TKR so never feel that you're making slow process as we all recover at different rates! I'm very pleased with my new knee and I'm glad that members of this forum helped me with the decision to book the second TKR because although it will probably be a long, painful process eventually I'll be able to walk pain free🚶🏻

PS just a random question, can you kneel when you have two TKRs? I can with one but only on a very soft cushion but I usually avoid it as I find it difficult to get up from the ground unless there's a chair etc to hold onto to haul myself up!

• Posted

Glenda, I can't kneel. I can manage if I tried but I can't sit back on my knees. Sort of going down on my knee if I have great support,  I've only had one done yet . 15 months now. I'm not worried about not being able to do it. I won't be scrubbing floors. Lol. As long as I can walk, pain free. 
    • Posted

Hi Glenda,

last week my physio had me get down on a mat by using my u operated knee. Thought I couldn't do it, but I could. That was w/ the use of a chair for support. Later that week he had me do the same but w/o the chair. I succeeded, though a bit clumsy!! I'm 11 weeks post op.

i do not know the answer as to wether you'll be able to do that once both k eyes are done. 

I do wish you loads of good luck going in for the 2nd knee! It must be difficult now that you know what to expect!!!! 

Will be thinking of you. 

Damy

• Posted

Thanks for your kind support😄 It was the kind supportive folk on this forum that got me through the first TKR in 2014! No, I'm definitely not looking forward to another operation as the memories of the pain involved haven't faded but at least I can prepare properly this time eg weight loss, strengthening exercises, ice packs, etc etc! 

I was just curious about the kneeling but as long as I can walk and have a decent bend I'll be happy👍😄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.