7th week after ankle sprain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm still having problems with walking around the room. I'm doing different exercises with resistance bands, rotations, stretches, one leg stand. And I'm getting sharp pain if I try to do standing calf raises. One thing I don't understand is why does the swelling go down if I wear an ankle brace for only an hour or two? And why does it return back so quick after I throw it away? I will probably lose my job now, but whatever, I stopped caring about everything.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention. Sometimes it hurts on the inside sometimes on the outside of the ankle (both sides are swollen. And when I try to stretch it while standing, I cannot move my knee forward, it's unbelievable how stiff it is. Because of this problem going down the stairs is almost impossible.

• Posted

Have you had an x ray and been seen by a physiotherapist as well?

• Posted

Yes I had an x ray, they told me nothing is broken. And I don't want to go to physiotherapist because I don't want to spend 200 $ on these treatments that I can do at home myself.

• Posted

This is one of the worst injuries I think anyone can have . But it does get better. I had to go up and down the stairs on my butt for about two months.

I couldn’t believe how quickly my ankle would swell, and sometimes my entire leg, when I did the simplest things.

The only way I could get relief from the swelling and the pain was to elevate and rest.

good luck. You’ve got this !!!!!?

• Posted

You know I think I already tried everything. I'm massaging it two times a day, hot/cold showers, stretching, rotating, alphabet, resistance bands, one leg stands. The only thing I don't even want to try anymore are calf raises. Actually I'm still doing them but what I'd do is put more weight on my healthier ankle. Another thing I figured out today is that I could also have "posterior tibial tendonitis". Because I can feel it when I'm messaging my foot on the inside. I think I will start going out more despite the pain. I can't sit at home anymore, it's not healthy and I'm getting depressed.

• Posted

If you have access to a pool, that works well also

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.