7wks post opp anteria and posteria prolapse repair

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all ... i had this opp just over 7 wks now had the usual pain and stuff but has all settled now ... i was also feeling limpyness near to the opening of my vagina which made me feel like the prolapse was coming bk so i made app with my surgeon just after 6 wks to take a look to which she said things are ok and the lumpyness is from surgery and things are fine ... she inserted that smear probe into me to look which was fine i was nervous as hell holding onto her wrist as she was doing it but i was so scared it wud hurt after everything we have to go thro ....so yes i was scared but she was lovely and gentle and didnt hurt .. she then gave me a internal i think i made it worse as i was so tense but that was fine too .... im the worse patient ever ... so if any of you are worried please relax as i was fine ... i felt like crying lol but it was fine ... i still to this day take laxative as i cant go otherwise at this moment but again that is normal too .... im going to start goin swimming just slight and light exersise see how i get on trying to get streignth bk as go bk work in january cleaning peoples house ...

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

jackie I'm so pleased things are going well for you and you're obviously being very cautious and not rushing things which is very important. You sound as though you have a lovely doctor as well which helps. I hope you continue to feel better day by day.
    • Posted

thanku i still suffer with the loo as in still needing laxatives and still bit tender but apart from that im fine ... i suffer with back problems and i think the tablets im on  for that has helped with painrelief after surgery but all good at minute
  • Posted

I am so pleased that you ar feeling better. I have appt with surgeon in December soo maybe back to work after Christmas. It is great to see the end of the recovery and hopefully back to normal, well hopefully an improved life. Have you tried sex yet and how did it feel?
    • Posted

hi jane ... we hadnt had sex till after i seen surgeon which was coming upto 7 wks and she said i was ok and everything would be ok lol as would fit as i was worried as the area seemed so smaller ... so yes we did took it easy did hurt after my tummy did ... but during was ok but took it easy nice and steady and only for a short while too just to be careful ... one step at a time lol how far are you since surgery now?
    • Posted

I am 6 weeks tomorrow post surgery for same as you plus a bladder sling. My energy levels are still not up to what they were post op though. My job demands I go 300 miles an hour and I am worried that I won't be able to keep up. I would love to go swimming too and am still on the laxatives twice a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.