7yr old girl suffering with Vulvovaginitis caused by thread worms.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My daughter is suffering with thread worms and Vulvovaginitis caused by the little buggers. I have been to my gp who has taken swaps and given me a repeat prescription for thread worm treatment. ( as i treated us all on the first signs ) But it's been 7 nights and no improvement shes up all hours of the night crying from burning itching ect. I shower her as soon as she is up and night time hoover and wash all beds every night ect. Making surr hands are washed at meal times and snacking.Can anyone suggest what else I can do? No results back yet but I'm tempted to go to the out of hours gp as this is unbearable for her. Pleaee advise and help x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becky,

I had threadworms for quite some time.  The way I managed to get rid of them was with petroleum jelly (I've read that coconut oil works as well).  I applied it every morning on waking up, after showering, going to the loo and before sleep.  I also know from experience that eating a little raw garlic reduces the itching a bit. 

I hope that can be of some use.. 

Best wishes,

• Posted

Good evening Peter,

Thank you so much for your reply. I spoke to someone today and they said to use vaseline! I also to sienna to the out of hours doctors and they prescriped some piriton and daktacort. Its been 6 nights of hell for us. Hopefully by Tuesday we should have some results from the gp as the doctor I saw today said she may be allergic to the thread worms!

Regards rebeccah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.