8-9 weeks post Linx Surgery...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, new to the forum here and I'm currently undergoing my recovery from Linx surgery.

It's exactly 2 months tomorrow from when I had my surgery (15th November) and I'm still struggling with dysphagia which is frustrating but the worst symptom for me is from the build up of saliva which is me to reflux/gag/vomit up excess saliva if I go more than a 2 hours without eating something reasonably substantial.

I've found that the acid reflux symptoms have gone away and I'm able to get a much better night sleep as I can lay flat again or lie down after a meal without problems.

It's mainly just this darn saliva build up which is causing me problems and it's beginning to really get me down and frustrate me. I was hoping by this stage, 8 weeks approaching 9 post surgery I'd have overcome the dysphagia and the saliva issues but I haven't.

I can at least swallow large tablets/capsules again which is good so the dysphagia has eased up considerably from what it was like maybe 3-4 weeks ago but I'm growing really tired of having to eat something considerable every 2 hours to avoid this saliva build up problem.

Unlike a lot of people I feel like I've gained weight during the recovery simply because of how much and how often I've had to eat. Just a few crackers every hour doesn't cut the mustard so to speak and I find myself having to have at least a couple of bananas at the minimum every couple of hours on top of 3 regular sized meals a day to suppress it.

I noticed in JPT's Linx report he mentioned and I quote "There is also a strong vomit like reflex which is not vomiting but bringing up lots of saliva/phlegm" which they mentioned suffering from after 13/14 days but it was never overly touched upon again yet here I am suffering with it at 8/9 weeks. This saliva reflux has been on top of the normal dysphagia my only real downside about having linx so far and I'm just wondering if others out there on the forum have suffered from this during recovery and whether or not it goes by the time the dysphagia stops by hopefully when I'm 12 weeks post surgery.

Let me know. All responses are very much appreciated. Thank you!

EDIT: just for further clarity the feeling is like that of a lump in the throat as the saliva builds up until it becomes too much and sets me off heaving but unlike pre-surgery where I would heave up hot acidic substance and or bits of food, this time it's nothing but clear saliva which I presume is down to poor saliva clearance of the esophagus. Did anyone else suffer with this at the stage I'm at (8-9 weeks) and when did it improve?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.