8 days orlistat 2lb loss but sore and bloated today anyone else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi as the title says ive been taking orlistat for 8 days now after loosing 12lb in 4 weeks alone (low cal and exercise) my doctor said ive proved to i can do it and prescribed these as a help along (need to loose about 5st) anyway im not sure if its the tablets or what but today ive had bad stomach pains as if i need to go to the loo and bloating. Just wondered if anyone else has had this? I drink about 8pints of water a day and 4 large green tea so im getting plenty of fluids.

if anyone can give me any tips or advice that would be fantastic

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi Josimone

you should ideally lose 2lb per week. I think you might be drinking too much fluid as this can mess with your liver enzymes which digest your food. Do not drink any fluid for half an hour before, during or after a meal. Probably because you are not digesting food properly your transit times are too quick. Transit is how fast your food travels from your stomach to your bowel.

• Posted

Thank you got getting back to me so soon. Will try your advice.
  • Posted

good luck and try to take acidophilus to regulate the ph balance in your gut flora.
  • Posted

I'm having the same problem, i constantly feel bloated and constipated, feel really sluggish at the minute its weigh in day tomorrow 😞
  • Posted

Jojo28 good luck for tomorrow. Im going to get a warm bath and see if that helps till tomorrow then im going to follow what designergirl12 suggested
  • Posted

It will take time for the acidophilus to straighten things out but it is worth it. Bloating could be caused by faeces stuck in the gut so it needs to be cleared out but don't do anything drastic. take things slowly. Remember to take vitamins, if you feel you need them.
  • Posted

best of luck for your journey. you will get that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.