8 days post tvh and anterior repair

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies

Thankyou for all your messages of good wishes.

I came home on the 3 rd day after my op and feel pretty good.

The worst part orbit was really bad wind pains and swollen tummy. I am very slim so I looked 5 months pregnant.

Can anyone tell me if there is a lit of swelling in the vagina at this stage?

I have a full something stuck feeling which I hear is very very common,anyone put my mind at rest on this and if you felt the same feeling. Also tingling sensation too. No pain and no bleeding at all now.

Love to you all brave ladies xxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Some swelling is normal don’t worry. Glad to hear it went well. X 
    • Posted

I think it was a general full feeling. It will ease but then might come back about week 5 or 6 when the stitches come away.  I’m almost 3 months & still get a heavy feeling sometimes. I think of it as your body just reminding you to rest. X 

• Posted

I'm 4 and a half weeks post op (anterior repair and hysterectomy),I just wondered,do you feel normal yet?,I can wake up in the morning and feel good,but by the end of the day I feel like something is pulling downwards,and heavy. I'm just fed up with doing nothing,and I just want to do stuff,and be my normal self.

• Posted

Hi lovely

Yes i feel the same. I am determined to rest and do nothing much for 6 weeks love.im scared to death of doing any damage and ill be prolapsed again.the tvh was not at all bad but the wind pains were deadly. I feel full in the vagina.i think its the stitches i feel. Ill wait anxiously for my 6 wk check ul.xxx

• Posted

I must admit I went back to work 4 weeks after my anterior repair and hysterectomy (in 2013) as I felt ok.  I should have taken more time to rest.  I had a posterior repair for rectoenterocele & sacrospinous fixation in November. I really don’t want any more surgery so took 9 weeks off this time! I’m only working part-time but I do still get tired if I have a busy day. My SSF stitches last approximately 16 weeks so until they go I will still get some discomfort I suppose. I know it’s frustrating but rest is important, gradually increase what you do. Take care. X 

• Posted

Welshgirl !!!!!.....Great to hear from you!....And you're alive!...Only kidding...Super to hear you are doing well,I know how scared you were before just like I was,but at least it's done now,and you can concentrate on getting back to your normal self. Yes,I also had wind which went on for at least two weeks,and I still have tingling... Especially in my back passage,almost like an electric shock, painful as well,and that's still happening. I'm now 4 and a half weeks post op,I still bleed a bit,and I am leaking which really cheese's me off as I didn't have a problem before. I do feel a strain down below if I stand too long,or do too much in the house. Yes I also feel very tight down below,and I am not sure why but I can feel two hard lumps,I'm guessing one of them is where my prolapse was repaired. I took a mirror to have a look and it looks a bit of a mess,I'm not sure what is normal after an op,and I have to wait till February 20th for my post op with my consultant. My house is a bit of a tip and I keep trying to do things which I know I shouldn't;I had been very worried how my husband would be having to step up and do things he never bothered with before,and he has surprised me,he has been a star,and my kids have tried to help!. I think recovery is different for everyone,and I think I'm doing ok,but the thought of going back to work in two weeks is something I worry about. Anyway, enough of my moaning,I'm so glad you posted and that you are ok xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.