8 hours of alchol feel ill

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well any advice I am now into my 8 hour after my last drink feeling crap I have to do this I don't have a choice I am so miserable my anxiety is through the roof have started shaking now getting a little sweet to what am I doing I drink normally a bottle vodka and a few ciders a day I have got this voice in my head saying uou need to do this then another telling me no don't do that what the he'll am I doing ?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I strongly suggest that you see your doctor. I don't know anything about you ... your health, your daily drinking habits, your age, m or f. All these issues can factor in the method you choose to quit drinking alcohol. Please see your physician before you quit drinking 'cold turkey'.

I wish you the best of luck 🌻

• Posted

I am a female age 50 I have mental health problems I have been drinking all my adult life a bottle vodka a day and 2 litres of cider I have done a couple of home detoxes with little success I was refused rehab because of my mental health issues I have a condition called scizophective disorder won't be able to call my cpn for another 4 hours my head is full of voices telling me I deserve everything I am bad I am now shaking g from head to foot the sweat is oz ing out of me I can't sit still I am throwing up I can't phone my gp up till 8 I can't get hold of any alchol either as I can't leave the house I don't know what to do my heart is pounding
    • Posted

I can't believe you've been refused help because of mental health problems. It just seems so wrong. I don't know about detoxes but from what you've said you shouldn't be on your own. Hopefully someone on here will be able to help point you in the right direction. My heart goes out to you. Please look after yourself.
  • Posted

Can you call a friend or neighbor to take you to a walk - in clinic? You need medical attention with someone who is trained in treating Alcoholics. To quit drinking abruptly can lead to seizures or other complications. Please try to call someone, a neighbor, your minister, just someone with whom you can share your concerns. Good luck and take care. 🌻
  • Posted

Hi Jsvkie. I really feel for you. I was in that dark place several weeks ago. I went cold turkey but I had a friend with me 24/7 in case of a seizure. No way I could have gone through it on my own. Had panic attack like I've never had before( felt like a real heart attack), horrendous hallucinations, projectile vomiting for hours and DTs. The DTs and hallucinations, sweats lasted a week. You need help or someone with you. Call the crisis team from your local hospital, be truthful and they will help. Call Samaritans if you feel suicidal. You are not alone. Last October the crisis team were great and I spent 6 weeks in the mental health ward. Don't be scared phone them or a friend. I am now 11 weeks sober after being a 24/7 drinker so there is hope for you. I wish you all the luck in the world. A x
  • Posted

You KNOW that the voice telling you to not drink is right.  The other voice will probably cause you great harm.

It sounds to me like you need help from the professionals.  Please look for that help and keep posting here, you will get great support from people who have gone through, and are going through what you are.

Take care.

• Posted

That is where I was at, I went to the doctor, have you seen your GP?

you need to tell your GP what you are doing and be honest they can help smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.