8 month update

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey folks, 

I’m here to provide an update because it’s always nice to read about recovery stories, especially when you think there’s no hope. 

My defining symptoms started on Nov. 5th, 2017 although I started feeling funny as early as late September, which matches up with the 6 week incubation period. 

I went through hell and back. Pretty much every symptom everyone on this forum experienced. I had it all. The Dec - Feb timeframe was probably the worst and I got really depressed and started thinking about CFS. 

Now at the 8 month mark, I have stretches of 7-9 days of 90% health (1-2 hours of symptoms in the morning that go away) followed by a 2-3 day mini crash, where I can pop analgesics and go about my day at 60-70% capacity. 

On my 7-9 day stretch, I’m at the gym every day and completely forget that I was plagued with EBV for so long. Also, as of this past May, I started medical school so I’m sure studying 16 hours a day and lack of sleep are contributing to the mini crashes. 

But I’m here to tell you all that there is light at the end of all this. Stop looking at daily or weekly trends and start looking at monthly improvements. As long as you’re improving on the macro scale, you’re heading in the right direction! 

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Im very happy that your recovery lies ahead.  And that you have written about it to give hope to other. 

Im still waiting for mine though, I had it 3 times longer and still feel worse than you, this illness is f*****g unfair.

• Posted

Hey Rbhtx,

That is great to hear that things are moving in the right direction, goodness knows it sounds like you've been through such a tough 8 months and certainly empathising from the time I went through it. It took me prob 10 months to really start to get back to full and more normal activity again, everyone is different though, and even if you are at 90% nopw sometimes and then 50% or whatever at other times, please be assured that things do continue to get better as the months go on and you do get back to 100% with God's help of course.

Absolutely believing you will get there fully and definitely there are encouraging words there for everyone going through this and at their hardest points - what Rb says is true there is light at the end of the tunnel and it does go away, even if it does take a bit of time sometimes.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.