8 months after ablation. Having skipped beats double beats and runs of tachycardia

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my first bout of a-fib 8 yrs ago. ablation following month. Never got completely a-fib free. occasional short episodes. tolerable. then in 2012 mini stroke, after which went back to life with hardly any a-fib.  The Ep that ablation is no longer available.   In 2015 my a-fib came back full force.  I was on flecainide pip. This time I was in a-fib for over a week. The new Ep started me on Flecainide everyday. lasted a couple months  next multaq. same couple months   I had refused amiorderone but he ask me to give it a try just until my ablation, which was supposed to take place in a couple months, second one, after 4 weeks i was still in a-fib and ask him to give me flecainide. he did I came out of a-fib.  awhile later back in a-fib. The ep said I needed to lose weight first for the ablation.  Very depressing.  I was in a-fib for three months when he said he wold do the ablation   sorry soooo long.   Had the ablation   went home. came back. my heart was in flutter. 125 bpm. in hospital go three days on amiorderone drop and diltiazem drip. Finally bpm decreased. went home in a-fib.   well. Now I am on 100 mg of amiorderone for 9 months. no a fib but can someone please help.   I am also on metoprolol. I have had Issues with my heart since my Twenties  atrial tachycardia and skipped beats.  Well now I am having etoptics, skipped beats and runs of tachycardia.  mostly at nights which are bothersome and uncomfortable.  My Ep said I won’t die from it. and he could do another ablation or pacemaker. I’m very scared of an AV ablation since it can’t be reversed. and what will it do?  I’m trying to lose 50 lbs to have the other ablation if my heart doesn’t straighten out on its own. also very afraid of amiorderone.  My stomach bothers me also when I have these episodes.  Any suggestions.  Has anyone ever had any of these issues.  Help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Tennessee, sorry to hear of all your troubles trying to get better. I've had A Fib for 8 years. Had 2 Ablations that were semi successful (I'll get to that in a minute) and many cardioversions. I am currently on flecainide also 50mg 2x/day. The reason I say semi successful for the Ablations is because they didn't really stop anything. Lessened a bit but that's all. I've known from the beginning that it's very definitely related to the vagus nerve and food sensitivities. So I started to focus on that. At first I tried a low histamine diet and saw some improvement however I was hoping for better. I came across this forum and my life changed. I talked about the correlation of food and episodes and I was lucky enough to have a response from someone who recommended the FODMAP diet. Check out this link: http://fodmapliving.com/the-science/stanford-university-low-fodmap-diet/. I wouldn't use any other site for this diet. It seriously changed my life. I use this diet always and when I cheat I know it. When I get episodes I can ALWAYS trace it back to food or stress or both which both affect the vagus and/or the gut. Check it out. I'm here if you have any questions. Take care

Ps the last cardioversion was in August 2017 and it was a year before that. August happened because I ignored the fact that fresh strawberries bothered me and I had suspected this the year before and according to the FODMAP diet strawberries were good but not for me so you may have to customize it a bit.

• Posted

I had an ablation and 3 weeks later I was worse thats when I had my pacemaker installed. Feeling much better! No more dizzy spells.

Hopefully you'll find your solution! Good luck!

• Posted

I had a second ablation eight weeks ago, and like you I am getting skipped beats, tachy etc.  I have afib attacks still but they only last for a couple of hours but practically every other day!  Not the result I wanted following ablation.  I am on flecanide and blood pressure tablets and would ike to lose a stone in weight. Hope you can get an improvement on your condition.  I fear I will have to put up with mine unless a third ablation is offered but so far I feel they have not made my afib better, just different!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.