8 Months In

Posted , 4 users are following.

I began to feel somewhat better with fewer symptoms and less severe symptoms for a while but as of the last few days they came back :

exhausted slept 16 hours last night

no appetite and trouble swallowing

dizziness/vertigo

headache

muscle soreness

eyes hurting especially in bright light

weakness

nausea

feeling hot yet cold at the same time

random burning on skin

sometimes itchiness

back and stomach pain

breathlessness

I somewhat had believed i was getting a little better and moving forward no where near normal but was coping with the symptoms i had left making it through most days way more easily than before and he we go again it seems to have gotten worse with still no definite diagnosis. I was told maybe a mono-like virus 8 months ago but did not test positive for current infection though i had been feeling off for a fee months prior.At this point i am just tired of being tired and feeling bad i do not want to leave out of my house even though i have to go to work and try since i am my houses main source of income. Anxiety and depression have also been thrown into the mix but i think they are more of a side effect than a cause. I literally just do not feel like doing anything or going anywhere i just want to lay there and not move. It is so sad to be like this again after so long. I have extreme sympathy for anyone dealing with someone like this it is so debilitating and scary 24/7 and then on days you do feel better it makes you feel even more weird because you are not used to feeling normal. At this point after a year of feeling off i do not even recall what normal means or feel like any more.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi josh, youre doing well, keep your chin up and know that everytime you come out of a flare the symptoms will get less and less

• Posted

yeah me too, some days i just feel completely useless and a drain on everyone around me! better days will come 😃

• Posted

hey katelyn, ive had quite a big relapse for weeks and weeks but i feel im coming out of it a bit. head is clearing but stomach and right upper pain has been terrible. ive lost so much weight its hard to know what to do and what to eat.

how have you been?

• Posted

oh no i hope your stomach gets better have you ever tried peppermint tea? ive noticed thats the only thing that eases my stomach pain when i do have it it would make me nauseas and not have an appetite either but after i drink that i can pretty much eat like normal again instead of just soup and crackers...i have been feeling hot and dizzy only some parts of the day though so hopefully that means its trying to calm down some...sometimes when i get hot and feverish i get itchy too and ringing in my ears off and on

• Posted

ive tried pretty much everything i think now, i think it might still be gastritis as if i eat every couple of hours i can just about keep on top of the pain.

im hoping your symptoms calm a bit for you very soon! stay strong!

• Posted

yeah i have heard that this virus can cause stomach issues like that or IBS too i hope that settles down for you soon i know thats rough....thank you so much! and you too we will all get through this eventually

• Posted

hey josh im sorry that those symptoms have returned for you i know how frustrating it is...its like you said even on slightly normal days you do still feel weird because you arnt use to it thats how it has been the past 3 days for me but every now and then i will get that dizzy feeling too still at 8 months...i have almost all of those symptoms you have described still some days one symptom can be more intense than others like the dizziness or the stomach problems...i also still have anxiety from this and have that down and extremely tired feeling but from doing light stretches it has helped with the anxiety part of it i had to push myself to try something and i found that worked for me i know it may sound ridiculous but when you feel up to it try doing some stretches if you cant do exercises i tried to do light excercise but it made my legs more weak and it made me feel more exhausted after...oh also idk if you have any problems with eye floaters but for that i noticed they went away when i started drinking carrot juice

• Posted

My work is about as much exercise as i need and i do get eye floaters but i just dont pay them much attention because they do not hurt or bother me so they are the least of my worries. I am just trying to do the best i can it is just terrible at the moment

• Posted

that is true just get as much rest as you can when you can...hope these symptoms will ease up soon its true when they say your recovery is like a roller coaster ive been feeling that way lately too...really praying and hoping that means its trying to go away

• Posted

Yeah i hope we all get better life is just hard right now for all of us. I just need my energy back so i can work i could care less about all the stuff i used to enjoy. Gardening and work is good with me at this point.

• Posted

same just to even have the energy to do anything at all honestly all ive been doing is taking walks around my house playing with my dog sometimes going ride in the car when im not dizzy then just rest alot...been watching alot of funny youtube videos lately it helps brighten the day up some that sounds so sad but its true i look outside and its so pretty but its way to hot i almost pass out just walking out the door for a minute

• Posted

thats exactly how i feel about the eye floaters.... the least of my problems lol. strangely thats something my brother has who is sick, and my wife has who seems to just have bouts of tiredness and headaches but is still able to function. i guess it effects us all differently

• Posted

Hi Josh,

I am also 8ish months in and still have off days and random bouts of dizziness, fatigue, itchy arms, chills, etc. It's so strange how you can think you are getting better and then all of a sudden some old symptom comes back or a new one pops up. It's hard to know if you're even making progress.

I wonder if they tested you for CMV or Toxoplasmosis. I know both of those things can cause many of the same symptoms of EBV.

• Posted

Just EbV that i know of but they have ran so many test i couldnt really tell you for sure if they did or not. I wish i had an answer or a way to get healed whatever sickness or illness it is makes no difference to me. I would just like for it to be gone i am sure yall are in the same boat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.