8 months in and in pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

hello everyone

had my left hip replaced in July. Got up Thursday morning in terrible pain in my butt n side. cannot lift my leg off the floor without helping it. cant sleep as pain is so bad. the only thing i have done is gone to dentist on Wednesday evening do you think lying down on the chair has pulled a muscle. Been great up until now. really hope this is temporary. any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you got a fever ? If it was me I'd get myself seen medically in case it's an infection .

• Posted

probably a good idea to give the hospital or your own GP a ring. Hope it's nothing serious.

• Posted

Should not think it was the dentist chair as they are comfortable and your body is straight, unless you twisted getting on or off. What out for heat or redness around the scar area.

• Posted

Thats really scary you must go to the hospital please take care

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

I would certainly have this looked at for your own peace of mind.

Like Julie has said check you do not have a temperature and possibly an infection...take care x

• Posted

Hiya Guys 😁

Does the temperature come with an infection, just asking... I've got no temp, but wondered why I was getting lots of leg pain and lower back pain...

Pete..😊

• Posted

Difficult to diagnose without a better description and physical exam. Could be as simple as psoas tendinitis, or complicated as dislocation or infection. See your surgeon or gp, maybe get x-ray, or at least a physio who might diagnose tendinitis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.