8 months of ongoing pain and discomfort, help!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

I am looking for some help. Hopefully someone has experienced similar symptoms and has some answers as it has been 8 months now and no Dr seems to know what is wrong with me. I am a 30 year old male, normally fit and well. Before all of this i was attending the gym 6 days a week, now i do can't due to the pain.

I have had the following symptoms over the past 8 months:

Pressure on the right side of abdomen and back (feels like there is something inside that shouldn't be there. This is a constant feeling and never goes away.

Abdominal pain, varies from dull ache to sharp excruciating. Again the pain is there every day.

Cramp feeling in my stomach (worse in the mornings).

Pain and discomfort in my eyes (feels like grit) this comes and goes. Worse on mornings and evenings. I have had my eyes checked and all ok.

Recurrent UTI (not normal in men). I have had blood in urine and a VERY severe UTI recently. Third lot of antibiotics now, still on these.

I have been leaking after urinating. Even though i am aware of this and stand at the toilet for a while after urinating to make sure i am finished, i still leak.

I am suffering from headaches and migraines which i have never had problems with before.

I suffer from dizziness and feeling sick - this symptom comes and goes. And sometimes just one or the other. Not always both i.e. i don't feel sick because i am dizzy.

I have pain in my testicles and penis - not sure if this is relted to the problems with urinating and/or the recurrent UTI's.

I have a general loss of appetite and try to eat because i know i need to.

I keep get a sore on the inside of my left nostril. 

I am very lethargic some days, my Christmas and New Year was ruined because of this illness. I slept all day on Christmas Day.

Numerous trips to GP surgery, nurses, A&E and Walk in Centres. I have a consultant referral to both Gastro and Urology. Appointment with Gastro Monday 16th Jan. Urology 10th February.

I have had bloods done, not perfect but nothing worrying (is all they keep saying). Kidney, Liver, Protein measures not quite right.

Urine and stool samples done. Stools fine, Urine not so fine. On my third lot of antibiotics for another UTI which i believe is very uncommon in men.

Chest XR - fine. Abdominal Ultrasound - showed enlarged Liver but otherwise fine (not sure if this is normal). 

I know this is a LOT of information but i just wanted to give you all everything.

The symptoms started around the end of May start of June.

I hope someone can help!

Best wishes

Ian

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

• Posted

Have you been tested for chrones?
    • Posted

Hi Kelly

I know they checked my blood for autoimmune deficieny and thinks Chron's comes under that - not 100% though!

• Posted

How do you test for Crohns other than colonoscopy or pill camera? The stool calprotectin test gives a general clue about gut inflammation (which is not Crohns only), and is in 2-6% false negative.

Which other test is there please?

• Posted

I believe it's bloodtesr endoscopy/colonoscopy where they take biopsies

• Posted

Which antibiotic are you on?
    • Posted

I was taking Trimethoprim but it didn't work so i am now on my second course of Nitrofurantoin

• Posted

Have you seen a urologist? I would start there. Hope you find some relief!
    • Posted

My appointment with Urology Consultant is not until 10th Feb sad

• Posted

I havent seen the Consultant yet. Yes i take vitamins and am normally fit and healthy, healthy diet and go to the gym. This has just floored me
    • Posted

Well i have had:

a persistent ache in the lower back, which is sometimes also felt in the groin –  pain in their testicles and scrotum

periods of intense pain in the back or side of your abdomen, or

nausea (feeling sick)

needing to urinate more often than normal

pain when you urinate (dysuria)

blood in your urine (haematuria)

which are all symptoms of kidney stones but my symptoms come under a lot of different things

• Posted

I know it's hard. But try and rest a little. Keep me posted on your doctor visits. I've had chronic pain in my right side under ribs for almost 4 years. Had all types of tests and scans. Still no diagnosis. Went to dr yesterday. She started me on some antispasmodic for IBS. I'm hoping for the best. Liz

• Posted

Oh that's terrible youve suffered for so long! I couldn't imagine having pain for 4 years! I wont give up until i have a diagnosis. Will keep you all posted.

• Posted

Pretty frustrating. Definitely flair ups. Coincide with stress.
    • Posted

No only today and like rabbits I have changed too a gluten and dairy free diet the last couple weeks and taking Rene deflatine
    • Posted

Could be medication. Keep a diary. Pale stools are cause for concern. Unless your medication n diet are contributing to it.
    • Posted

Yh will look track of it cause I don't go much or often be hard to tell

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.