8 months on

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m now 8 months from my TKR and Osteotomy. My world is so different. 

I can now walk short distances with minimal pain. 

I can go upstairs normally forvfirst time in years. Down hill is still an issue but getting there. 

My advise to anyone is have as many Physio sessions as possible. Do your exercises and persevere it is worth it. 

I went back to work at 4 weeks, way too early but hadn’t been in job long. 

I followed my consultant and physics advise and the extremely good advise of Chico Marx. 

His links are well worth following.

My thigh muscles above the knee are now beginning to define. I’m 125 bend 0 straight never ever did I think this possible; my leg was played out from knee to ankle to the right, by over 12 degrees. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thank You so much for the upbeat post! I had my TKR on June 21,2018! I had not been able to walk right since 2011! I’m learning to walk the right way pain free! It’s nice reading posts that are so positive! Chico. Marx has been a great help to many people! Keep up the good work and best wishes!  Oh sorry I forgot to add Trees!  smile

• Posted

Hello

May I ask what exercise you thought helped with the bend... had both knees done 6 weeks apart.. right is maybe at a 112 (6 1/2 months) and left is maybe at 105(5 months) .. everything else is great, just struggle with the bend.. I exercise everyday... ran out of therapy..

Just wondering what I can do more for the bend to come??? Thanks 

• Posted

Hi Debbie

A carrier plastic bag on the bed, lie straight and partially bend good leg (non operated one), slide the operated leg to the bend a little bit more each time; the plastic slide helps. I also sat with my legs over the side of a bench hanging, I swang them and bent a little more each day.  I have electric recliners that helped to and the stationary bike. I listened to my body, I didn’t push it, rested when I needed to. Iced lots and pain killers as required. Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Great news, good to hear your doing well.It takes a lot of hard work but in the end it is worth it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.