8 months on fluoxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello to all,

It has been a few months since I've posted on this forum. I have been on 20 mg of fluoxetine for 8months. Everything was going well during summer but from October some of my anxiety and depression have been returning. I got a promotion and things have been a little stressful but nothing too much. For a month i have been forgetting to take my dosage every day. I started getting the feeling of hopelessness again and having existential anxiety. it is driving me crazy. My anxiety is under control. The depression though, i feel is coming back. I am sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language.

Joann

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I agree with DANA. You should ask your doctor to increase your dosage to 40MG.

• Posted

Joann,

if you have not been taking the medicine everyday like your dr said to then the anxiety and depression can return. and you may also get withdrawal symptoms if you have not been taking it . if you change you dosage you can have side effects.

brian

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies! I will talk to my doctor about the dosage. I hope everything gets better.

Joann

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.