8 months post heart attack, medication reactions or heart symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

After having a heart attack last October I still feel quite worried. I do not want to live at the drs. I do not know how much of my symptoms and pains are from side effects from the meds I take. I am on aspirin 75, clopidogrel,bisopronil, ramapril and a gut protecting med. I have 2 frozen shoulders( I know this was from the statins , now discontinued) excessive sweating bouts, embarassing bruises everywhere, low mood and sharp regular stabbing pain in my left breast, does not seem related to breathing. Is anyone experiencing similar symptoms?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I know you said you didn't want to go the Drs again but I would. These symptoms seems to me to be from your meds. I don't know about the pain though as I don't have that. Mine is heart failure due to a virus but your meds are the same as mine and I have the same side effects.
  • Posted

It looks like alot of your symptoms are related to your medicaton. Also without knowing the extent of your heart attack and everyone is different the first 12 months can be hard so 8 months is not a long time. I am 20 months post heart attack and feel I am still improving. My advice is:

1. Work with your doctor to get your meds right for you. 

2. Do not smoke

3 Eat well

4. Loose weight

5. Drink in moderation

6. Join cardiac exercise group

Ramipril is not for everyone. It is always given first because its cheap. I could not tolerate it now on losartan not side effects. The gut protection meds can stop your body producing B12 and B9 so ask your doctor for a blood test for B12 deficency. Dont take your asprin on an empty stomach. I had left hand chest pain for months which after angina was ruled out turned out to be acid reflux. Believe it or not the gut protection meds made it worse after initially improving it. Stopped taking it and I now only take tums ocasionally. 

• Posted

Hi Thanks for your advice. I will talk to my Gp. I have not smoked since Sept. i cannot afford to lose weight am only 8st, dont drink and have completed cardiac rehab and do regular excercise as directed. Im on a fairly low carb diet to keep my cholesterol at bay. Trouble is I have  moderate COPD as well and dont know if the aches are from that or heart problems.
  • Posted

Hang on in there things will improve just give it time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.