8 months with no period and now bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had blood tests last august and was told by my gp that i would not have another period and now i'm bleeding i didn't have any menstrual sypmtoms but i thought i would not have another period. is this normal?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne,

It may be normal, but it's still important that you head back to your gp or to a gynecologist to make sure that you're okay. That's because if something is going on, it's best to catch it quickly.

Best of luck to you and please let me know how you get on! xx

• Posted

Guys

As far as I'm aware you are not classed as post menopausal till 12 months without a period

I went 7 months without one then got two now currently 9months without one but I know I could get one any time

So I'm praying I don't and I go the full 12 months

So I wouldn't worry as I think this is quite normal

But I'm not a doctor so no harm in checking it out

I don't know why your doctor would tell you that you wouldn't get another one though

Blood tests are not very reliable at this stage x

• Posted

thanks for your info just gutted that i got another one after 8 months. sad
  • Posted

It seems to be very common. Just check all these posts. So many others have had it happen. Of course, it's best to check it out, but probably nothing.

• Posted

Hello my dear it does seem really odd for any doctor to say that you would never get another period Nature takes its own time and way.Hang in there I know you must be disappointed.💐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.