8 steps to a brighter future

Posted , 8 users are following.

No.1 STOP TRYING TO READ PEOPLES MINDS!!

A stranger smiling at you doesn't mean they think your ridiculous!

( you never know what people are thinking so assume the BEST).

No.2 STOP WITH THE SELF BLAME

( what with all the should of's and could of's)

GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK !!(remember if it could of it would of).

No.3 GET PHYSICAL GET BUSY

(Not so easy to obsess over something if you active).

No.4 STOP THE ALL OR NOTHING APPROACH!!

(If you like someone that's not replying it doesn't mean you've done something wrong you not ugly or stupid you will find love)

No.5 STOP PREDICTING THE FUTURE!!

( you KNOW when things are just never going to get better? you can't just KNOW)!!!

No.6 ASK THE QUESTIONS YOUR AFRAID TO ASK!!

(Do you love me?

Did I get it right?

Are you angry at me?).

No.7 TALK MORE!!

( there's a huge difference in talking it out and spending your whole time over analysing every single detail).

No.8 REDIRECT YOUR THINKING!!

(Aren't there so many wonderful moments in your life you rather be thinking about).

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

People don't get to choose how their minds work, that's the problem. If it were this easy, noone would have any problems. I think your over generalising and over simplifying mental ill health.

• Posted

Hi my best advice to you personally is see way No.7

Your right people do not get a chance to choose how their minds work. That's all I agree with you on though I don't think I'm generalising or over simplifying mental health,

Infact I'd like to say I have suffered from it for many years and fully understand it's complexity, my discussion and advice is aimed at those whom refuse to sit back and become accustom to the feeling of dispair the steps to yourself may seem generalised and you may take nothing from them however there is something it there that relates to your own thought pattern without knowing your story or experiences I'd not be able to give you personally anything but a general overview

For instance if you do not suffer from paranoia you may not take anything at all from step 1 however if you were paranoid maybe it would flick on the light switch and say to your mind you know what that's right I don't know what other people are thinking etc as you said you can't help how the mind works,

It's like I used to say to people be careful with words because once you have said something and it's in someone's head you can't take it out

I hope you know see what I'm trying to do for people if we can put a seed of thought other than the one they are struggling in there head it allows them to question there thought maybe just long enough for them to realise they do need help hopefully they will follow that through and get the help they need.

And ultimately have a brighter future

Good luck in your future

Thinking of you mike

• Posted

I love this saying

Keep your words soft and sweet

You never know which ones you might have to eat.

• Posted

Actually, we do get to choose how our minds work.  We have full control over our thoughts.  The problem with depression is that it makes it much more difficult...but we still have control.  That's why some people meditate.  I don't think he was over simplifying mental health, I think he was giving people different ways to think about things.  If you take anything from what I'm writing, try to understand that you have full control over your thoughts, you control your brain.  Remember, first comes the thought and then comes the feeling.  Try to think of your brain as a tool to help you navigate through life.  You use your brain, don't let your brain use you. 

• Posted

Good advice mike xx focus on yr last paragraph ... you ever change yr mind bout a gym buddy let me know ( not strong enuff to join alone). Take good care of yourself call or email anytime rememember other than the forum i dont do social media ♡ xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.