8 week check up

Posted , 5 users are following.

I returned yesterday for my 8 week check up on right hiP replacement. Was with surgeon for 7 minutes.showed me x-ray of my new hip that was put in.looked really good. Checked my scar said it's perfect. Lifted me from all restrictions. Back to work in 3 weeks.I'm 46 and recommended any 1 with hip problem s to get it done.do what your surgeon says and it's a piece of cake

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well recovered Patrick.  The consultants and hip materials are getting better and better.
  • Posted

I have also just seen my surgeon 8wks post-op. It should have been at the 6wk mark but there were some cancellations and I have been away for 10days. I now have 'both' hips done, Right was done 10yr ago and left was 8wks ago, both with the posterior cut. Surgeon spent maybe 7-8 mins with me.... Checked X-ray, had me stand with legs wide apart. I asked if I could sit my bum back on my heels and he showed me several ways of sitting back 'safely' . He is a very conservative Doctor. Compression socks and NO driving till the 6wks mark. Definitely 'no work' for me (house cleaner) until the 6 mth mark. I have been extremely lucky with both Op's, I healed quickly and didn't have any problems at all. I walked before the operations so that my muscles were strong and I had gotten into the habit of sleeping on my back from the first Op, which I think 'new' patients should get used to "before" Hip Operations. I hope that the info we all take away from our forum is that 'everyone' is different and we 'all' heal and mend at different times. Eat when you want, sleep when you want..... Catch up on that book/ Movie/TV/ Knitting/ Jigsaw or any other nice relaxing things we always promise ourselves to do but don't have the time. This Op definitely gives us a whole heap of 'spare' time..... Let's use it and not beat up on ourselves because of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.