8 Week Post OP Ankle Still Swollen

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I am 8 Weeks Post OP I have been weight bearing since 6 Weeks Post OP and now am walking around in a normal shoe using a ankle compression sock. I have noticed my Ankle still swells through out the day and feels a little sore by the time I get home at night in my foots arch. My Doctor has had me on an aggressive timeline since surgery and I think it has helped but really want this thing to stop swelling so much during the day. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I suggest more time with foot above heart, icing and a compression stocking.

Good luck..Richard

• Posted

Yup I do all that at night and by the morning the swelling has gone away its when im moving around during the day that it swells back up. 
    • Posted

Well I'm sorry to say that this is par for the course<G> Have you tried the stockings during the day time?

Cheers

Richard

• Posted

Just try and keep your leg higher than your heart for a few hours a day, buy a wedge for your bed, really helps.. I am now 10 months plus post op, weight bearing since 8 weeks after surgery, ankle and leg still swollen, cannot wear compression sock because of swollen leg, but it gets a little better every day. Why has your Doc got an aggresive time line for you ?.
  • Posted

My ORIF surgery was in June and my ankle and foot is still not down to it’s normal size. I ice and elevate at lunch and that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.