8 weeks...

Posted , 7 users are following.

with no alcohol, I am beging to have dreams again smile

I havent had one for many years, yes little stupid ones but nothing to speak of, now beging to have full dreams like I use to. I find this very strange.

I start my couselling today.... excited but yet a bit scaredsad

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Good luck with the counselling, I am sure you will be fine.

Congratulations on the 8 weeks too, that's amazing, well done!!!

• Posted

Hi Sue . Yes , well done also smile . Counselling will help and keep you focussed and on track ! Go for a happy future

take care x

• Posted

Actually, some people report more dreams when they are drinking a lot. Dreams occur during REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep. You ONLY remember a dream if you wake up during the dream, which is why dreams almost always seem unfinished. Alcohol disturbs sleep and affects the amount of REM sleep you get. If you sleep without going into the REM stage, you wake up unrefreshed and still tired. However, because people have disturbed sleep and wake often when drinking too much, people think that they are dreaming more, although they are probably dreaming far less.

The reason you are probably remembering much longer dreams is that you are staying in REM sleep longer without waking before you finally do wake.

You are doing really well, keep going! smile

• Posted

Hi. Well done on 8 weeks Sue. I'm 10 n half so we are both at same level really! I've never reached this far before and don't want to go back to hell again. My last binge was so scarey, hallucinations, DTs, sick,panic attacks etc. never again...

im still having drink dreams and nightmares too but it's great to sleep again after nears of insomnia.

back to the icecream(addiction) now..haha !

• Posted

Thank yousmile

I feel so much better ... but still problems with sleeping sad

Have cut way back on coffee, tried so many things to help me sleep but nothing seems to help sad

• Posted

How did the counselling go?

Oh, and I just wondered if you had tried the book by Paul McKenna, "I can make you sleep"?   I know what a nightmare it is when you can't sleep.

Take care,

Pat xx

• Posted

I wasn't very happy with it, alot of paper work, and she signed me up for group sessions that I will go to but no apt's for one on one I will look for another. i have just picked up a book called "I want to change my life"  its about dealing with anxiety depression ad addiction. Now its just to find some time to read it lol

Thank you for thinking of me smile

• Posted

Hi sue. Have you tried "isleep easy" app.? There's some good apps for insomnia,relaxation, confidence and meditation out there. I use listen to one everyday to keep calm and focused. Good luck you!!
    • Posted

I have also arted on Champix now to quit smoking ... might as well get on with it as well, not sure if it is going to help me sleep or make it worse. Guess I will find out soon enough lol smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.