8 weeks after Halo, today morning after BM piles returend

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone.

today morning after BM my piles came back, im after 8 weeks of HALO procedure, is this normal?

my doctor says i need to pass stool only before i go to sleep and not in the mornings.

can anyone help please? im getting frustrated..:((

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How are you now I'm due to see a consultant to hopefully rid myself from internal prolapsed hemorohoids then go ahead with the halo surgery

• Posted

Hi Michael, well, today almost 12 weeks after the Halo, last week it all seems good and I'm getting OK but yesterday morning again.. After BM, I was in pain, I don't know what to do... I met my surgeon last week and he told me the minute my BM will be at night and not in the morning, if will all be OK, I'm trying now over a month will glizerin candles to make it happen, he told me it will take time to my body to move it to evening so in the meanwhile I'm suffering. I still don't know if its a failure or successful, I read somewhere people started feeling better after few months. So.. Im optimistic... For now.

• Posted

I had the Halo treatment 4 weeks ago and after 2 weeks I thought I was recovering but now I've got discomfort. 13 days ago I had a episode of diarrhoea and since that my bm have been erratic. I went to my doctor as I was going to the toilet before work but all day felt that I needed a bowel movement but only passing a very small amount when I went. The doctor prescribed fibre gel as he thinks my muscle needs to work harder and pass more solid stools. He gave me an examination and said my rectum was empty so shouldn't have that feeling. Today I am feeling some discomfort up my back passage as if something is pushing and it's a dull pain.I have had a fissure before and it doesn't feel like that ,I am feeling pretty low .

• Posted

Well, you need to drink alot like 2.5L per day even more, take fiber powder and eat only soft meals for start, I'm on my 13 weeks after halo, feels like 90% ok, but it all depends on your BM and stool..

That's the secret. Do not push and not hard stools.. Should be like honey texture, then it should be OK.

• Posted

Blunir thanks for you reply ,I'm 4 weeks after the treatment and for the last 2 have felt like I need a bm all the time so things havent gone to plan as with being at work I've struggled to go to the toilet as needed and feel my operation may have been a waste of time as I'm itching and have discomfort inside .

• Posted

Sorry to hear that I feel I also waist of my time with this halo op, but the doctor said it takes time to get on track. I will wait few more months and then decide what to do next. Its early stage, just 3 months after op. So I hope for the best for both of us.

Keep me updated.

• Posted

Thank you fingers crossed for us both, it's the all day stomach pains and needing the toilet that worries me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.