8 weeks and counting! everyone is bored of my nose

Posted , 2 users are following.

How is your face? the same, what still? how bored am i with this conversation! Early Feb it started with right sided relentless facial pressure. A couple of weeks passed after dentist investigation revealed a dead tooth pretty much below the area. After root canal and the dentist officially signing teeth off the list i am still suffering. I read an infection can go from the tooth to sinus. Had to pay £340 for private ENT which was 10 full disappointing minutes! as Dr wouldn't help me. Had a quick nose check with a camera all ok but said symptoms suggest chronic sinusitis. On another 2 week course of antibiotic and steroid nasal drops. I have an ever growing bag of drugs which dont help. What next? Dr said the waiting list for ENT is 55 weeks which hopefully i have been added to after pretty much begging. Can get private CT for £500! feel like i am getting nowhere. Then you worry its something else. Its officially getting me down! how long will this go on for........

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi. can relate, I've had for 2 years. headaches, nasal sniffles, toothache, eventual earache had teeth removed that were OK even. it truly is awful. Went private, they wanted to do ct, bla, bla, it would have privately cost a fortune so pushed my gp to get rolling at the NHS ENT department. finally had consultation, they start you on steroids, then antihistamines, then pain relief. Yet more antibiotics for suspected sinus infections, all useless. so I bought an otoscope (ebay ear camera you plug in your phone and instead of using in my ear I looked in my nose) surprise surprise swollen turbinates seen. videod them on my phone to show the gp. pushed my gp to get a faster ENT appointment, showed them the videos, demanded and had a ct scan which highlighted a deviated septum. so I'm awaiting an operation to straighten my septum and reduce my turbinates, awaiting allergy test. you need to push to get seen by the ENT Department, you need a ct scan, allergy test if nasal steroid Avymays or Dymista anti histamine nasal spray the ENT department will try you on first also hasn't worked. The ENT waits are a joke but you need to push your gp to expedite. I feel your pain, it's truly awful, it's like having the worst cold ever every day and like you said the bag of nasal sprays and tablets don't work. sudafed works OK but you can't use it everyday. you need to get to an ENT Consultant. you need that ct scan. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.