8 weeks and trainers

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i had my surgery to remove bunion just over 8 weeks ago and y.day wore trainers for the first time. Have to say was a bit achy by the end and felt a bit tight while wearing them. I was just wondering if I'm supposed to wear them all the time like with the surgical shoe or just for going out. That sounds really stupid I know but around the house iv been wearing my slippers which are much more comfy. Advice please. X

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Connie - from what I've read on these forums and elsewhere online the main problem seems to be swelling which leads to pain. Slippers at home sounds sensible - trainers are supportive but might rub and irritate if worn too long. I think the trick is to still keep your foot elevated as much as possible.
  • Posted

I am hoping to be able to move on to shoes next monday when I have my 6 week check up. When I had my first foot done I just wore whatever was comfortable and stopped when my foot hurt. It gets easier as the swelling goes down but does take some time.
  • Posted

Hi my foot is still puffy I'm due back to work on 16th of this month hoping to be able to wear flat shoes I suppose just have to play it by ear I think I give in couple weeks before I attempt shoes
  • Posted

Hi Connie,

I was told that at home it was ok to wear slippers as long as they weren't super thin and had some support. I found Skecher's "Go Walks" shoes that I wear as my house shoes.. They stretch, are lightweight and have cushioned support on the bottom. They have been my savior!

• Posted

Hi All, I am in the 4 th month of Scarf Osteotomy surgery for my left foot bonion and hammer toe. Frankly speaking I cant recall any more pain now. Took painkiller such Trammadol only for 3 days, the balance of the drugs doctor given is a waste for me. I needed 3 screws for the big toe but until now the bone not fully fused. The surgeon told me only to wear Crog shoe to work.Other than this shoe, he suggest for custom made shoe which is hardly available around my area.

The custom made shoe is also for my right leg also as I have a feeling other than mild bonion, a spur occuring near to the ankle of my right leg. I am longing to have another surgery for my right leg as what the surgeonrecommended. Is my intension too harsh?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.