8 weeks post op; on track!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

Just my weekly update, 8 weeks post op today and doing OK. I have my date for returning to work (22nd May) and am now concentrating on strengthening my pelvic floor and getting my fitness level back to some normality!

I have finally managed to get to swimming pool today, only in for 20 min, swam 8 lengths, with long rests in between each of them. It feels good to move about without having to worry about weight issue or hurting pelvic floor.

I am sore everywhere else though, have stiffened up all over: neck, shoulders, back, legs, knees and ankles. Despite this will try and get to pool every other day.

Still got to be careful not to overdo things, missing working in garden. Tryed to move a pot today, tipped contents out first, but pot was still too heavy. So still can be uncomfortable and sore if try to lift anything to heavy.

Doing more around house, but still resting lots in between things. If spend to long on feet can feel dry and irritated. I suppose thus will pass in time. Remembering how much I hate housework and can't wait to get back to work and a few months down the line a little overtime. Then I can get out of cooking meals too!!

Hope everyone else is progressing well. Always take it slow and easy for quicker recovery.

Phyl xx☺☺☺

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good Morning Phyl, great to hear you are progressing well, and getting back in the swimming pool. Your positive attitude is a tonic for others! Have a super bank holiday weekend, although I dont think there will be much gardening with the weather forecast as it is. All the best, thank you for the update, this will be a real inspiration to other women who are having a bad time, so they know that there is light at the end  of the resuperation journey and better days are ahead.

Best wishes

S

• Posted

Thank you Stephanie.

Did not realize we were so close to bank holiday, hope you enjoy the long weekend, and hope the weather pick's up.

Phyl ☺☺☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.